LA-RICS RFP Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobio63

Here is the link to the property tax discussion with regards to LA-RICS....it lists every city and how many properties, etc.

http://www.la-rics.org/meetings/CAWG/LARICS_CAWG_AGENDA_2010-03-17.pdf

Thanks for the doc. Had not seen that one before. Do you know if the property tax discussion takes into consideration the fact that current JPA member can opt out of LA-RICS, is the county and cities still going to tax there population?

Also does LA-RICS write out ICIS? Just want to get peoples thoughts on this matter now that the RFP has come out. The RFP doesn't address that issue or maybe I just missed it because it wasn't obvious.

intermod

Freqs: LA RICS "Confidential Supplement"

The System Specifications indicates:

"1.7. Frequencies and Licensing
1.7.1. The applicable frequencies shown in the LA-RICS Confidential Supplement, Volume 2, Appendix 1.1 shall be used in the development of the System."

Anyone have this "Confidential Supplement"?

intermod

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The System Specifications indicates:

"1.7. Frequencies and Licensing
1.7.1. The applicable frequencies shown in the LA-RICS Confidential Supplement, Volume 2, Appendix 1.1 shall be used in the development of the System."

Anyone have this "Confidential Supplement"?

intermod

Anyone who has it had to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
LA-RICS has posted RFP vendor conference Q&A's on their website which give more insight into the system.
http://la-rics.org/documents/RFP/LA-RICS_RFP_Questions_Round1_2010-06-02.doc

I did not realize it, however the system will be everything from VHF-Low to VHF, to UHF and 800mhz from reading the answers. I though it was to be solely a UHF voice, with 700/800 data system.

LA-RICS also has a summer newsletter posted:
http://la-rics.org/documents/Newsletters/LA-RICS_Newsletter_Summer_2010.pdf

RFP bids are due August 4th.

Tobio63

Did anybody got to the March 22 JPA meeting? It had some interesting things on its agenda. Any word on when LA-RICS will be awarded?

2wayfreq

There is a Rumor, I stress, "Rumor" that Raytheon might be one of the primary vendors for the site hardware backbone infrastructure. Also that Harris might team up with them to supply the subscriber equipment and consoles. But don't hold me to it, I could be high on glue..LOL

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Per the March 9th LA-RICS board meeting, ultimately bids were received from merely 2 companies, with a third declining to participate in the end. The Board has entered negotiations with one of the vendors with a June 30th target date to wrap up the evaluation.

Not a very enthusiastic show it seems by vendors.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Per the March 9th LA-RICS board meeting, ultimately bids were received from merely 2 companies, with a third declining to participate in the end. The Board has entered negotiations with one of the vendors with a June 30th target date to wrap up the evaluation.

Not a very enthusiastic show it seems by vendors.

Undertaking a system of the size and scope of the LA-RICS project is an enormous risk for any company in the best of financial times, and even more so with the current economy. Often, projects of this scope are taken on by a consortium of companies (infrastructure radios, microwave, structures, subscriber radios, etc.) under the lead of an integrator.

I can think of only a handful of potential combinations of bidding companies for such a project. I'm not surprised that the number of actual proposals received was so low.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.