SDRTrunk Labelling Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

air-scan

Now that I know how to get SDRTrunk running, I don't understand how to label talk groups and periodically update them. It was easy for me in Unitrunker and DSD+ FL. I don't know why I am drawing a mental block on learning SDRTrunk's procedure on this. Can anyone explain how please? the manual just explains each function. no written procedure.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
1. Create an alias in the aliases tab.
2. Set the alias name to the label that you want to use.
2. Set an alias list name. It can be anything, but it has to match what you use in the channel configuraiton.
3. Add a talkgroup alias identifier to the alias for the talkgroup that you want to label.
4. Use the same alias list name in the channel configuration.

When you start a channel decoding, it uses the alias list name to find/use all of the aliases that belong to that alias list.

air-scan

2. Set an alias list name. It can be anything, but it has to match what you use in the channel configuraiton.
3. Add a talkgroup alias identifier to the alias for the talkgroup that you want to label.

When you start a channel decoding, it uses the alias list name to find/use all of the aliases that belong to that alias list.
I think I got the gist of it now but still names of aliases won't appear in the Now Playing Tab
20200501_060834_screen_capture.png20200501_060934_screen_capture.png

wgbecks

It appears you haven't completed configuration Step-4 in your alias. Go back into your alias list(s) then one at a time, click on the Audio/Identifier tab, click the NEW button, select Talkgroup.

A new dialog box appears where you now must select a Protocol. Select APCO-25 then enter the same decimal value of the Talkgroup ID matching the same value already populated in the Group field on the main Alias tab, then Save.

Your alias(s) will now appear for each Talkgroup so configured as they become active.

Reference Illustrations

View attachment 84098

View attachment 84100

Last edited:

air-scan

Thanks for your help I managed to get it working. I have few hundred to go while they are cutting over agencies to the new APCO P25 PII Tdma system.
.20200501_083308_screen_capture.png

Status
Not open for further replies.