Lack of BC796 radios on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Why do I get the feeling people are not selling there BC796 radios and buying BCD996T radios.
My local radio store owner told me he actually preferres the 796 over the 996. More user friendly etc.
Comments

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about anyone else, but in my case I kept my 796D when I bought the 996T. The 996T went into my truck and replaced the 796. The 796 went into my house and replaced the 785, which I sold. I also sold my BCT8 and replaced it with a BCT15. That's my primary in house scanner, with the 796 for the digital stuff and some trunking.

Other people might be doing something similar.

Gary

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Uniden is planning to support the 796 for rebanding, this makes it more valuable, IMO.

I, for one traded my 796 off for another radio, so it's stll being used by someone else.

w2usb

I bought a refurbished 796D directly from Uniden. The warranty is only 90 days.
It looked brand new when it arrived. So far So Good. It's another option other than E-bay.

Good Luck

shortwaving

I had one for sale (and it still is) just a bit ago. Had a number of nice folks contact me, but at the end of the day, I still have the radio.

I think demand for the 796d is more "operations-driven" rather than "value-driven". If someone is willing to spend the money on a 796d (and has the desire to learn more) why not get some more cash and go Code 3 and grab a 996?

Then the seller thinks..."I'm not gonna sell my 796d for the price of a '780."

That's no slam for the 780 which is STILL a very nice radio.

And mine sits playing very nicely, until I get a reasonable price out of it.

If it NEVER sells, I'm alright w/that; I still like the radio very much. I won't make the same damned foolish mistake of selling it for less than I think it's worth, like I did my Optocom.

I regret selling the Opto even to this day.

LOVED the jerk that answered my ad on Craigslist offering me $50 for the radio, blabbering incessantly that the value wasn't there 'cause it "couldn't get cellular."

Status
Not open for further replies.