lack of customer service Uniden repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
My scanner was received for repair may 5 for repair after it stops working less than six months after buying it. After sitting at Uniden for four weeks. They put hold on for payment. I clear that and was told on June 5 they would ship it soon. June 12 when I call. I get told it on hold pending payment.

I sent the receipt with the scanner and again by email. On June 5 I was told the hold was lifted and it was in line for shipping.

I have a feeling this be my last Uniden scanner.

Drumbum

I haven't had to send mine in but that seems to be business practice now, I sent a camera lens back to the company to get a firmware update and they did the same thing, for a firmware update!, and never called to clear it up. I had to call and inquire when I suspected it was past the turnaround, then do same as you, send receipt,

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Drumbum

But you would think with Uniden , if you registered your scanner they would have you in the system

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
But you would think with Uniden if you registered your scanner they would have you in the system

You would think. But not only that But I stapled the receipt to Uniden repair form and then emailed them the receipt as well. I was also told in an email on June 5 that the hold was removed and it was in line for shipping.

Got this email June 5 @ 11:29

"Dear Valued Uniden Customer,

Your device is in line to be shipped. They hold has been removed at the repair facility, the webpage just hasn't been updated.

Thank you so much for choosing Uniden!!

Joe
Uniden Tech Support"

Yet here it is june 12. First I get told the hold was still on till I mention this email. Then I get told it still in line for shipping.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
"in line to be shipped"???? They have a line for that? Interesting.... not surprising with Uniden, but interesting.

You would think. But not only that But I stapled the receipt to Uniden repair form and then emailed them the receipt as well. I was also told in an email on June 5 that the hold was removed and it was in line for shipping.

Got this email June 5 @ 11:29

"Dear Valued Uniden Customer,

Your device is in line to be shipped. They hold has been removed at the repair facility, the webpage just hasn't been updated.

Thank you so much for choosing Uniden!!

Joe
Uniden Tech Support"

Yet here it is june 12. First I get told the hold was still on till I mention this email. Then I get told it still in line for shipping.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
"in line to be shipped"???? They have a line for that? Interesting.... not surprising with Uniden, but interesting.

Yes, Funny thing as today first on hold till I mention the email then it was it be shipping this week. So not only do they have a line but it appears to be a very long line. What really said is at this point the time frame that the scanner worked correctly is less than the time it been in Uniden hands.

Ubbe

It has been explained that there is another company that receives the scanners, unpack and enter all info into their computers and send scanners in bulk to Uniden. Uniden receives boxes with scanners and repair dept look up the serialnumbers to check the info. Scanners are sent back to the other company for packing and shipping so that Uniden never has to deal with any logistics or paperwork and I guess that the other company handles any included notes or receipts and might miss sometimes to note that down into the system.

I don't know have often that delivery truck drives between the two companies but there's a shipping line at both Uniden and at that other company.

/Ubbe

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
Repair

I'm mad now, they had mine (HP2) for 4 weeks, Uniden doesn't repair a thing, it's all outsourced. Go figure. I was told they didn't have a supervisor. LOL. I finally got it back, I have since called them about my garbled audio (not encryption), said someone would call me back, 3 weeks later I'm still waiting.

Be Safe

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We do not outsource repair. Garbled audio is going to be a reception issue. Assuming the unit was checked to spec (which is normal procedure), all you can do to fix that is improve location or antenna (i.e. improve the quality of the signal reaching the receiver).

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The receiving logistics company is in the same warehouse facility. Typically only 1 day to get packages to repair (which does not actually delay repair as there is typically more than 1 day's worth of items in the repair queue).

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
Repair

No idea what you are talking about. Its funny that customer service listened to the garbled audio and sorta hinted that if I had the extreme upgrade that could be the problem..I do have it and a friend of mine at the radio shop has one as well with upgrade and his does the same thing, can you explain that?

Be Safe

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
It means the issue is common to your installation or common to both scanners. Since the chance of you and your buddies scanners both having the same defect at the same time seems small, i would be leaning towards install. Also, not every radio shop guy is equal in experience. What happenes when yu set the scanner up in a few different locations? TT

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
I'm mad now, they had mine (HP2) for 4 weeks, Uniden doesn't repair a thing, it's all outsourced. Go figure. I was told they didn't have a supervisor. LOL. I finally got it back, I have since called them about my garbled audio (not encryption), said someone would call me back, 3 weeks later I'm still waiting.

Be Safe
Oh, I was told there was no supervisor at first as well. But they finally send me to voice mail box.

Uniden customer service and repair process on a scale of 1 to 10 is -200. Pretty much the worse experience I have ever had. Worse than even the cable company.

The receiving logistics company is in the same warehouse facility. Typically only 1 day to get packages to repair (which does not actually delay repair as there is typically more than 1 day's worth of items in the repair queue).

Then why was my scanner in line to be ship since June 5 and only shipped yesterday? that not one day that 5 business days, and entire week. and that was after Uniden already had it for four weeks. If you provide that ****ty of repair service and customer in-house. Wow just wow. I just hope they acutely repair the scanner consider it sat there for four weeks and they probably only spend 10 minutes on it.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The confusion over pay vs. warranty service unfortunately delayed the processing and shipment.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
The confusion over pay vs. warranty service unfortunately delayed the processing and shipment.

Just how can there be confused over pay vs warranty service when a Receipt is stapled to Uniden repair form and the scanner is registered at myUniden - Customer Product Registration and Support Area. Do you have the wrap the receipt around the scanner to?

Also, that confusion was cleared up on June 5. Yet the scanner still sat around a week.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
"How?" Who knows but apparently there was confusion. Stuff happens. Get over it.
Maybe your find with it but I am not. I can expect one or to thing but Uniden dropped the ball a minimum three times. But I guess I should be glad that they acutely fixed my issue. that better than another guy in this thread.

Also, those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. So it that matters why there were confusion and complete lack of customer on Uniden part.

IF it was only the confusion on warranty that is one thing.

But I had called before that confusion. And there was no mention it was not warranty work at that point in time. I was assured that the unit would not be there more than 20 business days at that point in time.

Uniden also never contact me once when they decide it did not warranty. I had to contact them.

Then once it was clear up. Instead of sending the scanner they let it sit another week. The unit I contact them again. Where I was first told it was waiting for payment.

If my company treat our customer 1/4 as bad as my experience with Uniden customer service we would out of business.

Maybe your ok with horrible customer service and company that has no clue what they're doing. But I am not.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Maybe your ok with horrible customer service and company that has no clue what they're doing. But I am not.

No I'm not. The older I get (and I am old) the less tolerant I am of political correctness, incompetence and stupidity but I know they exist, and sometimes in large quantities.

In most cases, there's nothing I can do about it, as in your case. I've been known to complain about organizations like you did, frequently with negligible results. If it's a local business, my recourse is to not shop there anymore. Companies that have products that are desirable but with limited availability may be a different story.

Airing a complaint can have a cathartic effect but I'm not sure it helps the particular situation.

As a wise man said earlier: "Stuff Happens." :D

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
Repair

We do not outsource repair. Garbled audio is going to be a reception issue. Assuming the unit was checked to spec (which is normal procedure), all you can do to fix that is improve location or antenna (i.e. improve the quality of the signal reaching the receiver).

I have no idea what you mean by location. I dont have it set on location. This garbled audio didn't occur until the extreme upgrade was installed. If anyone can explain the location deal in all ears.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.