lack of customer service Uniden repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea what you mean by location. I dont have it set on location. This garbled audio didn't occur until the extreme upgrade was installed. If anyone can explain the location deal in all ears.

Thanks

He means physically move the radio around (different LOCATIONS in the house, take it to a friend's, etc) to see if it picks up better in one spot than another

Last edited:

ecps92

Exactly, sometimes moving the radio / antenna by a few inches can make a major difference

Reminds me of moving the Rabbit Ears during a Bruins Game, with planes coming in for a landing, and having 2-4 various hockey pucks now on the ICE :cool: (Those who watched UHF TV will know)
He means physically move the radio around (different spots in the house, take it to a friend's, etc) to see if it picks up better in one spot than another

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
Repair

Exactly, sometimes moving the radio / antenna by a few inches can make a major difference

Reminds me of moving the Rabbit Ears during a Bruins Game, with planes coming in for a landing, and having 2-4 various hockey pucks now on the ICE :cool: (Those who watched UHF TV will know)

Oh ok, I have done that as well. No luck,could it possibly be an issue with simulcast?

ecps92

If it was a true problem with the simulcast the Agency would be having a problem.

It is likely something you need to keep experimenting with, as a Scanner is not the same as a Public Safety Radio.... experiment, move the antenna, longer or shorter, some folks have tried beams, and others have gone to the ole Paperclip, again it;s all about location and experimentation as everyone has a different situation
Oh ok, I have done that as well. No luck,could it possibly be an issue with simulcast?

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
Garbled Audio

I have no idea what UP man is talking about---when I called about my repair I was told by Uniden customer service that they DONT repair units themselves, they have someone else repair them and that they are located off site----now the BS needs to stop and someone needs to tell the truth here.

Be Safe

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea what UP man is talking about---when I called about my repair I was told by Uniden customer service that they DONT repair units themselves, they have someone else repair them and that they are located off site----now the BS needs to stop and someone needs to tell the truth here.

Be Safe

If it gets repaired, who the hell cares. You're making a "mountain out of a molehill," as my father used to say.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The Customer Support group is not at the same location as our repair center. That is probably what the rep was referring to. Our products are all repaired by our own personnel.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
Uniden

If it gets repaired, who the hell cares. You're making a "mountain out of a molehill," as my father used to say.

It does matter in that one hand apparently doesn't know what the other hands is doing, as I say....The BS needs to halt and whoever thinks they are running something at that company they need to step up---not so much it was fixed as all the other BS.

Be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.