Lackawanna PD - Saianet

Is anyone else experiencing a one sided conversation with lackawanna pd?
Only rarely do I receive dispatch and the car simultaneously. It is either the car transmitting or dispatch. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for hearing my gripe

lkas

Is anyone else experiencing a one sided conversation with lackawanna pd?
Only rarely do I receive dispatch and the car simultaneously. It is either the car transmitting or dispatch. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for hearing my gripe
i can hear both.... dispatch volume is low.. try adjusting your delay time so that it is not jumping off frequency too quick and going back to the control channel. I have mine set to 4 seconds

Trbogeek

Premium Subscriber
i can hear both.... dispatch volume is low.. try adjusting your delay time so that it is not jumping off frequency too quick and going back to the control channel. I have mine set to 4 seconds

You should be able to shorten the delay to under 2 seconds, as the repeater hang time is one second.

Spc107-

Can anyone help with programming Lackawanna police on a uniden BCD325P2? I have the dmr upgrade just can’t get programming figured out

I would appreciate Your help i can even meet up with you. I have no problem paying
Use sentinal software . While Lackawanna is not in the sentinal software base yet you can work around this by loading in east aurora police. Then edit the tgid to 514401 for LAPD. Seneca tower site 1 is what you need to receive Lackawanna. Then change the name from East Aurora to Lackawanna. If you are still stuck i live in Lackawanna also. If needed we can meet at Hortons coffee at Lake and Abbott. Special thanks to LKAS for the initial post!

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Use sentinal software . While Lackawanna is not in the sentinal software base yet you can work around this by loading in east aurora police.

Uh, two things. Spc107- said "on a uniden BCD325P2?" so Sentinal isn't the solution.

And ... it IS in the Sentinal database. Just downloaded this week's update and it's there.

Spc107-

I was able to load seneca one towers frequency’s and i have the scanner on Manuel mode for 514401 tgid. I receive some but not all reception. I hear radio to car and sometimes car to radio but it misses some.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I was able to load seneca one towers frequency’s and i have the scanner on Manuel mode for 514401 tgid. I receive some but not all reception. I hear radio to car and sometimes car to radio but it misses some.
Is it scanning or locked on just the LPD TG? I miss a ton of stuff too, regardless of which TG I'm listening to. Just the joy of using a scanner compared to being an actual subscriber on a TRS.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
you can work around this by loading in east aurora police. Then edit the tgid to 514401 for LAPD. Seneca tower site 1 is what you need to receive Lackawanna. Then change the name from East Aurora to Lackawanna.

Why would one even do that when just adding the new tgid and name is 10 times quicker, easier and gives you the ability to still receive East Aurora pd when in range of them?

Uh, two things. Spc107- said "on a uniden BCD325P2?" so Sentinal isn't the solution.
It's actually, Sentinel.

And ... it IS in the Sentinal database. Just downloaded this week's update and it's there.

Technically, it's called Master Database or HPDB which is HomePatrol DataBase

1675738696472.png

Three. It's sentinEL, not sentinAL. But I cannot edit my post. :(

It's still Sentinel, not sentinEL. :giggle:

k2hz

Database Admin
If you are only on one site and talk group and not scanning but are missing random transmissions it usually means a site frequency is either missing or entered incorrectly such as typo in frequency, wrong color code or wrong LCN. If you entered manually recheck each frequency to be sure it is correct especially the LCN matches the frequency. Uniden scanners use LCN, not LSN, for Con+ DMR.

Spc107-

Is it scanning or locked on just the LPD TG? I miss a ton of stuff too, regardless of which TG I'm listening to. Just the joy of using a scanner compared to being an actual subscriber on a TRS.
Yes that’s all I’m scanning. I am new to all of this and really trying to learn on the fly. Would you be willing to program it?

BTFire21

SDR and DSDPlus performs so much better on a DMR Trunked system. If you do the 2 SDR tracking you wont miss a thing.