Lacks Beach Services - Myrtle Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Here is an update on Lacks Beach Services for Spring / Summer 2022. Lacks has changed frequencies. They are no longer on the three Strand Communications frequencies.
Believe it are not they are back on their two old frequencies, 461.400 and 463.6750. They relicensed as WRPQ495. The Color Codes, talkgroups and designations pretty much stayed the same they just put two talkgroups on 1 frequency and the other two on the second one. I have submitted the data to RR.
The transmitter location shows as 1803 South Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach. I believe that is the Hampton Inn building.

Anyway, that's it for now.

73 and happy monitoring,

ScannerHam62
Surfside beach, SC

spencerwww

They digital are p25 or a long I just buyer ads 100 and don't have or haven't buyer directly yet in nc we don t need it

rescuecomm

Wish I had known this back on Mother's Day week. I would have hand jammed the frequencies into my Anytone 878 and listened on promiscuous mode. I had talked with one of the Lacks shift supervisors back in the 1990's and he said I could ride with him while I was at the beach. The wife at that time nixed it and said "we" were on vacation. LOL.

spencerwww

Wonder if u can rise with ghem.now.or.if u got sign thing waiver are hiring process im. Shre.lot.fjre cighters and emts.work for.them.om side

rescuecomm

Back in those days, I had EMT basic certification but I didn't have a lifeguard rated swimmer certification. I'm sure their employees see a lot of interesting things.

spencerwww

Back in those days, I had EMT basic certification but I didn't have a lifeguard rated swimmer certification. I'm sure their employees see a lot of interesting things.
Cool im sure emts and fire men in Horry do life guard as more then one job and work for them while they do myrtle beach fire deot or Horry County like lot.cops. have two jobs are fire men and police

upstatesc

Premium Subscriber
Anyone happen to have a copy of the Lack's Signal or Code list? They'll frequently talk about "Code" or "Signal" haven't deciphered them yet

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
"Myrtle Beach lifeguards chose profit over safety. A jury awarded millions to victim’s family"
https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article263995621.html
Sorry. I'm a subscriber, so did not realize there was a paywall for one-time access.

Try these links to two Myrtle Beach TV stations:
Family gets $20.7M in wrongful death lawsuit against lifeguard company, city of Myrtle Beach
Family awarded $20.7M in lawsuit against lifeguard company after man drowns

evan

Database Admin
Seems Lacks is also pretty good at accidentally running over sunbathers on the beach with their pickup trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.