Lackwanna fire - saianet

lkas

I have been monitoring lackawanna fire on saia net for past 24 hrs. I have my sds100 set for site 1 seneca. The issue i have is i can hear dispatch and truck just fine but Only when they are on location. I have never heard the initial call go out. I have all 3 talkgroups programmed for fire. Does the initial dispatch not come through saianet radio? The communication i hear when onsite is on main fire dispatch channel

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Lackawanna Fire dispatches totally different from the way others dispatch around here. I don't know if it's by phone, ringdown line, intercom, or what, but you won't hear them dispatching a call out over the radio like you would with Buffalo Fire or the suburban departments. The way you'll hear something is going on in Lackawanna is "Engine 3 is responding", and sometimes they will give some follow-up information and then call on location. It's a small fire department; they keep things simple.

lkas

Lackawanna Fire dispatches totally different from the way others dispatch around here. I don't know if it's by phone, ringdown line, intercom, or what, but you won't hear them dispatching a call out over the radio like you would with Buffalo Fire or the suburban departments. The way you'll hear something is going on in Lackawanna is "Engine 3 is responding", and sometimes they will give some follow-up information and then call on location. It's a small fire department; they keep things simple.
tks what would make sense the only chatter i hear is when trucks are on the road

BTFire21

IIRC their dispatch is located just above the truck bay at the South Park Ave Firehouse and they have a wire-line intercom between the other two houses.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
IIRC their dispatch is located just above the truck bay at the South Park Ave Firehouse and they have a wire-line intercom between the other two houses.
I knew it was at their South Park station, I just didn't know how they all communicated with each other