LACO FD Blue Tac Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyrtog

Hello:

I recently got back into the hobby again as I just purchased a Radio Shack Pro-652 from one of their stores near where I work that was closing. I am still in a "learning curve" about programing it and all.

I have a question regarding how LACOFD assigns Blue Channel's 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10 as Tac Channels as I was thinking of adding these to my scanner. I did a search on the forums' message board and came across this posting which was very informative for me:

http://forums.radioreference.com/gr...aco-fire-battalion-frequency-assignments.html

I have heard when they assign a Comm Plan some Blue Channels that I see listed in the Radio Reference listing for the LACO FD as being alternate command frequencies. For instance, I once heard them assign Blue 10 which is shown in this site's data base as being an alternate Command Channel for the Antelope Valley. I am not sure if the call that I heard was in that area or not.

I wasn't sure if this was an old listing and now instead of being Alternate Command freq's for the specific geographical area they are assigned to, they are now used as Tac Channels for the same areas? I assume that I would hear the same types of radio traffic that I hear on LAFD's Tac's 12-18? Also, when they mean Alternate Command, do they mean a Disp/TRO like Blue 3?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer. Sorry if my question seems a little newbiesh. LOL, we were all newbies at one time !!

Sincerely,

Michael Turner

Fyrtog

Thank you Mikerh91 for your reply. I guess then Blue 2-10 are backup channels that would be used for communications between units or the I.C. with "LA" within the listed geographical area and the VHF's would be used between Units and the I.C. similar to LAFD's Tac 12-18 ?

Thank you for the reply.
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.