LACO Fire Blue Channel beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkenny53

While listening to my bcd436, laco fire blue, I hear a beep after the field radios transmit. I don't hear it on the dispatch side. At first I thought i was the battery warning, but batteries are fully charged. I don't hear this on my bcd 396. Whats up?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you are hearing MDC1200 signaling. It is a pre-programmed "serial number" that identifies the radio. That serial number is tied to the unit identifier. When the radio sends that signal, it will show the unit ID on the other portable/mobile radios (if so equipped) and on the dispatch console.

tkenny53

Ahh, I do hear it on my bcd396, it drives me nuts as the beep is the same tone as the low battery. This is a new thing so it takes a bit to get used too.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
LACo Fire Blue Beep

I have heard the same thing. It is not the MDC 1200 pre-tone. It is similar to a repeater beep at the end of a transmission. I even hear it on my XTS 5000. It must be something new put in by the techs. I've been hearing it several months.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Oh that. I believe I heard that on Blue 1 a while back but haven't monitored that channel since. That's the only one I had heard it on.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
I mostly monitor Blue 1 (Bn 14-Stn 55) when I get reception, and always hear that repeater end tone when the units transmit, but not at the end of LA's tx's.

ActionJackson

While listening to my bcd436, laco fire blue, I hear a beep after the field radios transmit. Whats up?

Black Jack was disabled from the simul-cast system and put into ICR mode during maintenance. It was still rebroadcasting when receiving signals but not into the system and the beep was the unkeying of the single site relay. Maintenance was completed and inadvertently left in ICR mode. Not all units could reach Black Jack so the "beeps" were not after every transmission. Back to normal.

dgower

Premium Subscriber
And if ANYONE would know, ACTION JACKSON would!! Happy New Year! See you up at the crystal palace!

Status
Not open for further replies.