LACoFD - 482.7875 - new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
During recent disturbances, I noted LACoFD units using 482.7875 simplex.

This frequency is not in the Db, and I can't find it listed in any official documents that I can access.

Anyone have any further insight to share?

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
See WIJ547 (ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WIJ547 - LOS ANGELES, COUNTY OF). It appears as though, in the RR database, 482.7625 is written as MDT data, but 482.7875 was ommited. Not "really" like it matters to most of us... I know I usually don't listen to data bursts. I would drive myself crazy if I participated in APRS.
If that frequency is entered into your receiver without a PL tone, I'm surprised you are not hearing any data. Do the units transmit any PL tone? I can't find anything in the 2019 TMAC. Only FCC DB. There are a few more licenses under LACo in the database for that frequency too.

Sporadic E enthusiast
I did a fcc search for LAco and got five hits for that freq. I then did a nationwide search and this appeared. WIL329.

ecps92

I've found using the FCC Search at https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Menu_Reports/engineering_search.cfm?accessible=NO&wild_select=on
works so much better than many of the others, especially when narrowing down to County

Basically used
and found LA Licenses for that Freq.

See WIJ547 (ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WIJ547 - LOS ANGELES, COUNTY OF). It appears as though, in the RR database, 482.7625 is written as MDT data, but 482.7875 was ommited. Not "really" like it matters to most of us... I know I usually don't listen to data bursts. I would drive myself crazy if I participated in APRS.
If that frequency is entered into your receiver without a PL tone, I'm surprised you are not hearing any data. Do the units transmit any PL tone? I can't find anything in the 2019 TMAC. Only FCC DB. There are a few more licenses under LACo in the database for that frequency too.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Thanks for some of the homework. Looks like based on pending YW licences it will eventually by used bt LARICS, however, for now, its a more traditional PW licence.

Still trying to find out its current use and designation. The times, I've heard it over the last week was all unit-unit simplex so it might be like one of the U14-18 Command/Tac uses, but don't see any reference to the frequency in any official documents that I can locate.

Last edited:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Keep in mind they have a bunch of 482 frequencies used for MDT data, so don't think its too odd that they might have one or more for voice use also. Just cant find an official reference about it.

tkenny53

Sometimes the UHF freq's are also used my the laco Sheriffs, since a lot of those are 48?.xxxx, it would make sense to see this as well
During the OC demonstrations, I heard Costa Mesa/ Santa Ana PD on OES freq's

Status
Not open for further replies.