LACOFD Blue 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightfire4u

Once in a while the dispatcher on Blue 8 can be pretty funny... Its 1 specific guy.. lately I hear him on Blue 3 where he is all business..
I set Blue 8 as a priority when he is on just cause I wanna hear what he is gonna say next.. When ever there is a "Difficulty breathing" call he says uses a sad voice.. "Chest pains" he yells..
I also think he sends out the old old station tones...where other dispatchers don't.
Pretty funny!

nfd24norf

Anyone know of Blue 8 feed??

Heya on the east coast anyone know of a blue 8 feed, all the feeds i have found stream pd as well so almost impossible to follow any fd activity

ocguard

Does the Blue 8 dispatcher stop using the hi-low alert tone at a certain time? Listening tonight, it just stopped. Only voice dispatch (and the occasional QCII tone).

landonjensen

We use yagi antennas on the LACFD stations to capture just one repeater site on Blue 8. Some FS even have panel antennas to prevent getting torn up by the simulcast from the back side.

Put a UHF yagi up with rotator if you can. LACFD mtn sites to aim the yagi at from Cerritos would be Rolling Hills (Rancho Palos Verde), Mt. David (above Pasadena), Blackjack on Catalina.

Where would I am from for Arcadia CA? Sorry to bring up a old thread..

Code20Photog

Premium Subscriber
One thing you have to remember is that Blue 8 is not the primary means of dispatch. Often times, you're hearing the voice dispatch well after the units have actually been alerted.

The MDTs and station tones will alert often long before there is ever anything on Blue 8. I spent a lot of time riding with LACoFD during my paramedic training, and we never really paid any attention to the Blue 8 radio. We'd listen to the TRO when we were away from the squad, and there were times we'd get on scene from quarters before we were ever dispatched on the air. We'd get the "Clank Clank Clank Clank Clank" and the MDT beeps, and just look at the screen to see where we were going,.

Status
Not open for further replies.