LACOFD Quickcall II tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
I am making a spreadsheet. I have the new BCD996XT scanner which has two tone decoding search, so it tells you what the tones are. But you have to wait for a call in order to get the tones, so it is taking a while. I have most BCs and some specialized units. I will post when the list is more complete.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Question: Pretty cool on the two tone decoding. I have a BCD996XT too and I was wondering how you setup the two tone decoding search for LA Co Fire to search for the tones?

pepsima1

Banned
Great. I was able to do a tone search on my bcd996xt for LA County Fire. Sometimes there are tones that are delivered and sometimes calls are dispatched without any tones. Does anybody know why?

Eng74

The only tones that go out are for the BC's, Air Ops, Sepcial Ops like Haz Mat,and Camps. The stations have the quick call but is a back up. All of the info is sent out to the MDT in the station and the apparatus and the MDT goes off to alert the crews. The voice dispatch on Blue 8 is normaly after the MDT's have gone off.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Every morning at 0700 on Tac 19 (154.4) there is a Tac 19 pager test for the crews who have Quick Call alerting on Tac 19, so that is a good time to log hits for pager tones. Also, on Sunday mornings at either 0800 or 1000 on Blue 8, there are a whole bunch of units toned out for pager test on Blue 8, that is another time to log a bunch of tones.

pepsima1

Banned
The only tones that go out are for the BC's, Air Ops, Sepcial Ops like Haz Mat,and Camps. The stations have the quick call but is a back up. All of the info is sent out to the MDT in the station and the apparatus and the MDT goes off to alert the crews. The voice dispatch on Blue 8 is normaly after the MDT's have gone off.

Well I have been hearing tones going on for engine and paramedics to go out on medical aids. So these tones going off are not just for BC's, Air Ops, Hazmat and Camps. Some stations are getting toned out and some are not. So does anybody know the real story that goes on with LACOFD

Eng74

Well I have been hearing tones going on for engine and paramedics to go out on medical aids. So these tones going off are not just for BC's, Air Ops, Hazmat and Camps. Some stations are getting toned out and some are not. So does anybody know the real story that goes on with LACOFD

Like I said the Quick Call II for LACoFD is a back up system for the stations. Sometimes a Battalion's link to the MDT's might be down so they get the Quick Call then. Also some stations get their Call Firefighters toned out when they get a call to back fill or respond depending on the area. L.A. also uses an alert tone over the air before giving out the dispatch.

fender1878

The BC's, Copters, USARs, HAZMATs, Lifeguard Dive teams and paid/call stations still get QC-2 over Blue 8.

If anybody needs the list, let me know.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Why not just add it to the LACOFD toneout Wiki instead?

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
I have searched at the Wiki home page for LACOFD tone out, and got no hits. Is there a link someone could post to the Wiki for this topic?

fender1878

There's not even a section on that page for the LACoFD. Do I have to start a page from scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.