Lafayette 800 MHz Motorola Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

I will. Let me monitor the control channels for a few days to see which four it will rotate through which will probably be the four he listed above. Today it is on 858.7375.

Tim-B

I did a bit of monitoring. That seems to work. I had to make a favorites list.

JB

Yep, it looks like the control channel is once again rotating through four frequencies using one for a day and switching at midnight. Today it is on 857.7375. Tomorrow it will probably be back on 857.5125.

Tim-B

I have no idea. I haven't kept in contact with the people I used to know so I can't say for sure.

Tim-B

The system went into failsoft mode shortly after 9am this morning, March 21. Does anyone know if they are working on the system?

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
I have a question, is the system still used by chance(i may have an answer why)

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Tim-B

The system is still used by a few S.O. corrections people on one talkgroup and by a handful of Utilities employees on Fleet 6 and by a few Public Works people on fleet 5.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Ok looking at the database emissions, this could be one of 3 issuse.
#1 system is down(no luck fixing since motorola discontinue service )
2 they could be upgrading to p25 phase one
3 dismantling the system.

Tim-B

The utilities people are on their conventional repeater backup channel, 10-RP, and I heard the dispatcher tell one of the road units that someone was there to change out the radio. So they are doing something to this system but I don't know what.

One peculiar thing I noticed about failsoft mode. When the channels beep every ten seconds it seems one particular frequency beeps first followed by all the rest simultaneously. Could the one that beeps first be the one that is supposed to be the control channel when the system begins to trunk again?

Tim-B

Okay, the frequencies just went silent for a second and now i am suddenly hearing control channels on two different frequencies simultaneously and the rhythm of the two control channels is a little different.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Failsoft. Is supposed to do that, it tells the radios that the cc is down and goes to a assigned channel for backup communications so the radio will stop looking for a cc and go in to a so called conventional mode

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
And once the the carrier is not transmitting anymore the radios will go look for the cc again

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Ok now they will sync the two towers to have one channel more then likely

Tim-B

They are definitely working on something. The control channel is now on a different frequency, same system ID, but it sounds different from before as if it is some kind of upgrade. Just before the the CC came back on I heard some kind of three or four second long data burst on that frequency that sounded like ARDIS or RD-Lap. The 911 dispatcher is now doing radio checks on one of the Fleet 1 talkgroups. Utilites is back on Fleet 6 but still in analog mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.