• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Lafayette CB Dyna-Com 23 5 Watt 23 Channel HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darticus

Lafayette CB Walkie Talkie Dyna-Com 23 5 Watt 23 Channel hand held. Anyone have one of these? I picked up one but AA batteries don"t fit. What does it use? Does anyone know what voltage and amps the power plug takes. Maybe someone has the manual to share. Please let me know. Thanks Ron

sloop

Dyna com 23

OOPS!!! I should have checked out the site first...the manual is not for the 23 but for a 2...lot of difference. I did find one for sale on ebay that had a photo of the battery case open and it looks like that it took 9 AA batteries, 3 in each tube. I owned a one similar to the 23 but it was not 23 channels and it was 12 volts.

mastr

FWIW, the Dynacom 5 used AA batteries. They were placed in series via three plastic tubes.

kf4eyr

i know this is an old thread but for archive purposes the AA batteries used back in the seventies were smaller than the AA batteries used now,,,, if you can find industrial AA batteries they will work,, i have seen aluminum rod that was about the same diameter of AAs and cut to fit,,, i found this thread looking for the external mike diagram for a dynacom 40,,,, any help there would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.