Lagrange, GA / "HURRICANE REBANDING" HAS STRUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1

Lagrange has rebanded. New frequencies not previously part of the traditional trunking protocol are now in the mix.

I'll have to look up methods for creating a "Custom Scan List".

I can operate in CC mode using the new CC freq, and I miss some traffic.

A third trunking site was running the other day. It was site 03 with the same Sys ID of Lagrange.

Also picked up what sounded like Troup Co Fire on P-25 digital off of Site-1.

I'll do a submission. Data is on the FCC link but no info on Site-3 location. I do recall it was to be in the northern part of Troup County.

rlaw

I hadn't turned my scanner on in a while, I've got a Radio Shack pro-164 portable. First thing I noticed was I had lost the City trunking system. Then I came here and saw your post. Do you have any of the new frequencies? I played around with PSR300 and tried the rebanded tables but I'm still not getting anything. I don't know enough about this to find them, has anyone got a list of the new freqs?

Thanks

Ron

rlaw

I posted on this yesterday but I guess the post wasn't put up yet, I've lost all trunking for city of lagrange and need help getting it back

rlaw

talked to a buddy and he's been told they are rotating the freq's every couple of weeks so this may be a lost cause. He's going to talk to a friend at the PD tomorrow and see what the deal is. Apparently they are attempting to keep the "bad elements" from monitoring the NA division especially. I can understand their desire to keep the bad guys from listening, but it sure was entertaining while it lasted.

Ron

N8IAA

Lagrange has rebanded. New frequencies not previously part of the traditional trunking protocol are now in the mix.I'll have to look up methods for creating a "Custom Scan List". I can operate in CC mode using the new CC freq, and I miss some traffic.A third trunking site was running the other day. It was site 03 with the same Sys ID of Lagrange. Also picked up what sounded like Troup Co Fire on P-25 digital off of Site-1.I'll do a submission. Data is on the FCC link but no info on Site-3 location. I do recall it was to be in the northern part of Troup County.

Julian, Lagrange/Troup county system may be doing the Motorola "shuffle". Try putting in all frequencies and see if you can follow the system. There has been a lot of discussion going on in the RS/GRE/Uniden forums about this new motorola mode called Motorola Shuffled.
Larry

rlaw

I got my 164 going again, they just changed frequencies. I've upgraded the firmware on mine to support rebanding, but after testing I found it worked with either table choice on PSR300 software. I took Larry's advice and entered all the frequencies listed on 800ta.org, which are also on the FCC listing here but all weren't listed on the page for troup county. For now you really only need to add 854.06250 and 854.66250 and you can track trunks again. They were previously on 860.98750 and the 854's aren't on the troup county page here and I hadn't check the fcc link or 800ta.org. So mine is working as before. I didn't add the Columbus freq's mainly because there were so many with twice as many talk groups id's, and I doubt I could pick them up from LaGrange with my little portable.

Ron

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
What you have described seems like the system is programmed to frequency hop? Why wouldnt they just encrypt the narcotics talk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.