Laguna Niguel Fire Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6VVM

Anyone here who’s a long time listener in OC? I’m trying to figure out what to listen to during this incident.

So far I have found the command channel to be 151.010 FIRE OC Interop

On the county’s TRS, TG 407 (Countywide Tactical) appears to be the sheriff’s dept coordinating evacuations.

Im also streaming OCFA Tac 5D which has some activity, but I hear references to switch to V-Fire 23. Not sure what that is or if it is encrypted.

Also, I thought I had seen somewhere that air to ground frequencies are in the clear but I don’t hear any traffic involving the helicopters or water drops.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Command: FIRE-OC 151.01
Tacticals: VFIRE22 and VFIRE24 (154.26500 and 154.2725, repectively)
Air to Ground: CDF A/G-1 (151.22000)
Air Tactics: AIR TACTICS-6 151.31000)
All analog. OC fire units will primarily be on VHF.

I would suggest going through the db and making sure you have all of the CalFire, CalOES and national fire interoperability channels loaded if you want to listen to wildland fire traffic. Also, the SOLAR plan is listed in the OC wiki page here:

it's slightly outdated, but most of it is correct.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Also active are several other tac frequencies that were requested over the past few hours:

V-FIRE 25: 154.2875
V-FIRE 26: 154.3025
CDF Tac 27, Tone 16: 159.3075, PL 192.8

tkenny53

Once they go to brush command, it all goes to CalFire and its related freqs for the area. Solar is also the guide and can also be found on the phone app TMAC or FireSync OPS

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Isn't there an incident communications plan (like the ICS 205 in the NIFOG) that gets put out periodically during these incidents with the current communications plan?

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
If your programming, add the OCACCESS VHF, UHF, and 800 analog channels in, there was considerable activity in the early hours of the fire. There was also activity related to that fire on the Countywide trunked TAN talkgroups.

ecps92

Yes, generally part of the IAP [Incident Action Plan]
Isn't there an incident communications plan (like the ICS 205 in the NIFOG) that gets put out periodically during these incidents with the current communications plan?

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber

Each shift, be they 12 hour or 24 hour has an incident action plan. Sometimes both a day and night shift plan is prepared in one IAP, if things are relatively quiet. Sometimes IAP's require pen and ink changes because the fire is so dynamic and those are announced at shift briefing. It not only has the ICS 205, but shows where each resource is assigned, who the division supervisor is and the work assigned to each resource. Then there is the weather discussion, a listing of everyone in the overhead, such as the IC, Operations Section Chief and all the rest. The incident objectives are shown, such as keep the fire south of Interstate xx and others having to do with community relations, safety and others. There might be messages from human resources, training and a schedule of demob also.

If a 205 doesn't change for a month it is still included in every IAP. If it does change, usually there is a message as to what divisions and branches are affected, if radios have to be cloned again, etc. Comm unit leaders try to make as few changes as possible, but sometimes a fire moves into a whole new area and new command repeaters are installed to cover those areas. Other issues such as divisions interfering with each other on a tac frequency, which then requires changes in tac assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.