Laird Yagi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quint6

Is the Yagi suppose tobe mounted straight up or sideways ?
Anyone have a pic of the correct installion

thanks
Mike

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Depends on the polarization of the signal you are trying to listen to. If the Transmitting antenna is vertically polarized then the yagi elements should be vertical, if the transmitting antenna is horizontally polarized then the yagi elements should be horizontal.

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
Laird goes back about 12 years but they own the Cushcraft, Antenex, Centurion and other antenna brands that date back quite a few years. Laird has sold more than a billion antennas so there not a small company.
prcguy

Laird Technologies - Antennas & Reception Solutions

Laird is a fairly new entrant into the antenna world, been around 7 or 8 years. Their web site link shown here can probably lead you to some more specific technical details. Looks to be just a normal yagi for UHF frequencies.

lep

Laird goes back about 12 years but they own the Cushcraft, Antenex, Centurion and other antenna brands that date back quite a few years. Laird has sold more than a billion antennas so there not a small company.
prcguy

Nope, not correct. Cushcraft is owned by my good friend Martin J. Jue of Starkville, MS. He purchased the company a few years ago from the founder about the same time he bought Hy Gain antennas.

Martin is the CEO of MFJ Enterprises which is a privately owned company and doesn't release sales figures.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
ROFL. Perhaps not. I knew the date on the PR, but I figured I'd post it anyway. I had done a quick Google search for "laird cushcraft". Probably should have included a search for "MFJ Cushcraft", which would have yielded the PR at cushcraftamateur.com.

After having revisited cushcraftamateur.com, I then realized that I had seen that 2009 PR quite a while ago while checking specs on a yagi.

Of course I know you're perfect :)

Sorry to Lep.

Mike

Might not want to post 5 year old press releases.

MFJ Enterprises, Inc., Starkville, Mississippi has purchased Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antennas from Laird Technologies, St. Louis, Missouri effective July 31, 2009.

Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antennas

lep

Actually I had drinks/dinner with him about 3 weeks ago but the status of Cushcraft didn't come up in our conversation. I don't expect to see him again until near the end of the Summer but I am making a mental note to ask him about it then. I have known Martin for 30 years, a classmate of mine in EE school became Martin's thesis advisor when he was a graduate student in EE himself. It's a small world sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.