Lake Compounce

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Just like to give a friendly reminder to ham operators and people that love to listen to Police scanner Lake compounds does not allow you to carry your ham radios or scanners inside the park Lake Compounce I do work there and I did ask about bringing my scanner and they told me it’s not allowed my best advice would be to leave at home or leave it in the car that’s for Scanner and ham operators

Reconrider

Anyone who wants to bring it in, use covid to your advantage by not allowing anyone to search your bags.
Also @55engine will the frequencies stay the same? (I haven’t looked to see if lc has a license or just walkie talkies)

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Yes we are now DMR For a couple years go in the database under business Hartford County Just to let you know security guards your at the main entrance and bags get check you have the option to put the items that are not allowed in the park back into your car or you can throw them away

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Reason being is they don’t want you picking up their communications And for the ham radio it interferes with their system
lol so you can just park outside and pick it up instead.

Seems like there is some other reason for that weird policy.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
It’s more because they don’t want you to show up at the scene of the incident And radio codes are to be used so the It’s easier for anyone with the Park radio knows what the codes are so it would be a short conversation

6079smithw

Anyone who wants to bring it in, use covid to your advantage by not allowing anyone to search your bags.
No advantage... the venue has the right to prohibit you from entering with the item if they cannot search it.
(T'aint worth the hassle IMHO) There are places where I live that will allow me to carry a gun on their premises but not a
radio... go figger.:confused:

Last edited:

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
What about bubble pack FRS radios to use with your family? Just thought I would put that out there.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
It’s more because they don’t want you to show up at the scene of the incident And radio codes are to be used so the It’s easier for anyone with the Park radio knows what the codes are so it would be a short conversation

if I’m at lake compounce, with a radio listening in. I feel like the last thing I would want to do is show up at an incident.... but that’s just me

WoodburyMan

What about bubble pack FRS radios to use with your family? Just thought I would put that out there.
Brownstone was using FRS/GMRS Moto's on GMRS channels when I was there two years ago. Saw about 8 different workers/lifeguards with them. Recognized them as I had the same models before getting T600's.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Yes about the scanners if there’s an incident in the park they do not want you to show up that’s the reason to use radio codes and is for ham radios don’t know how it would interfere with the frequencies and also there’s no Weapons allowed on the premises No knifes pepper spray or guns that includes pocket knife’s They have metal detectors That includes knifes and keychains and pepper spray and keychains

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Yes I’m not too sure about the family RADIOS those might be OK all I can say is you can bring it see if they let you take it into the park the worst case scenario they’re gonna tell you that you have to put it back in your car

cg

Premium Subscriber
they seem to be pretty "flexible" with their licensing if they actively use 453.3375 & 462.6750.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.