lake county fire tones / setting priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
Does the lake county fire depts use tone paging that i can pick up with my scanner which has that feature? Do they still use the conventional frequencies for this?

I ask because i would like to be alerted to fire/ems calls for just my town. However, the dispatches for multiple departments seem to be combined on the same talkgroup so i dont know if its possible.

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that Dyer still uses their VHF frequency for a computer dispatch... what is that?

Also does anyone know the paging tones and frequencies that Cedar Lake and Schererville use? I assume the tones just preface the dispatch transmissions on their vhf frequencies...

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
I dont think there are any lake county people reading this forum, but I will ask again in hopes of finding an answer...

The frequency listed as the Dyer Fire Repeater 155.35500 WPXC580 BM 125 DPL Dyer Fire R Fire Repeater FMN Fire Dispatch

Firetones and computer generated dispatch is being broadcasted on this vhf frequency. Ive heard calls for Gary and EC on this channel.

Do all the municipalities use this Dyer repeater as well as the old Sherriff frequency listed above?

shauno

Premium Subscriber
I don't think ALL of them do however I'm not 100 % sure. I only knew of Lowell doing it, but I see Dyer does as well. I can tell you Lake Station and Hobart do not.

h00sierdaddy

I dont think there are any lake county people reading this forum, but I will ask again in hopes of finding an answer...

The frequency listed as the Dyer Fire Repeater 155.35500 WPXC580 BM 125 DPL Dyer Fire R Fire Repeater FMN Fire Dispatch

Firetones and computer generated dispatch is being broadcasted on this vhf frequency. Ive heard calls for Gary and EC on this channel.

Do all the municipalities use this Dyer repeater as well as the old Sherriff frequency listed above?

Some departments are taking the countywide fire paging channel and repeating it over their existing vhf systems. Region 54 really cut power and antenna restrictions to the countywide vhf system, causing some bad coverage areas. This is their fix until region 54 agrees to enhancements the county wants to make to improve coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.