Lake County Highland,IN Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElBano

Hello, I'm new to the site and to scanners. I just picked up a TRX1 and can't get Highland. I used the library it came with. I get every thing but Griffith, Munster, and Highland. I'm thinking of sending it back, but before I do I wanted to see if someone could help with a few questions? Does this scanner work with this area? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks any help would be much appreciated.

h00sierdaddy

Hello, I'm new to the site and to scanners. I just picked up a TRX1 and can't get Highland. I used the library it came with. I get every thing but Griffith, Munster, and Highland. I'm thinking of sending it back, but before I do I wanted to see if someone could help with a few questions? Does this scanner work with this area? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks any help would be much appreciated.

Lake County is a P25 Phase 2 system (which your scanner is compatible).
Indiana SAFE-T is in the midst of upgrading to P25 Phase 1 (which your scanner is compatible).

I don't do much with scanners, so I can't help you with specifics. If you're receiving other agencies that are on the system, then you should be able to pick up Highland. More than likely, there is a discrepancy with the pre-programmed list vs actual. Check the database for the talkgroup you're looking for, make sure it matches up to what is programmed in your scanner.

Ed6698

The TRX 1 will work in this area. Talkgroup 28 needs to be programmed in scanner to listen to Griffith, Highland and Munster, it should already be in the Library as it is listed in the RR database.

ElBano

Thank you.

Thank you guys for your fast response. I need to update the scanner. I figured it should but like I said I'm very very green. Look forward to a deep learning experience with radios. I'm also studying for my HAM license. Best regards.

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
As already pointed out, group 28 is 'lcpd towns 2'.... which lumps the dispatch for griffith highland and munster together.

3 towns with enough action going on one would think they would have their dispatches on dedicated channels.

h00sierdaddy

As already pointed out, group 28 is 'lcpd towns 2'.... which lumps the dispatch for griffith highland and munster together.

3 towns with enough action going on one would think they would have their dispatches on dedicated channels.

In a high call volume center, like Lake, you shouldn't have an operator handle more than one channel. Those three towns combined have nothing on some of the others cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElBano

Hello I'm back.

Hello, I'm back. For the life of me I'm still lost. I downloaded the software. I'm stuck! I used zip code and some of the other options, I get all kinds of crap. I only need Highland. I know the other 2 towns are on the same talk group. Is there anyone in the area, willing to set this thing up for me? I will ship, meet or whatever you like. Post here or email u-esparza@sbcglobal.net. Thanks. Ps I don't mind paying a small reasonable fee or a good cup of coffee in the Lake County area.

Ed6698

Hello, I'm back. For the life of me I'm still lost. I downloaded the software. I'm stuck! I used zip code and some of the other options, I get all kinds of crap. I only need Highland. I know the other 2 towns are on the same talk group. Is there anyone in the area, willing to set this thing up for me? I will ship, meet or whatever you like. Post here or email u-esparza@sbcglobal.net. Thanks. Ps I don't mind paying a small reasonable fee or a good cup of coffee in the Lake County area.

Instead of using zip code in the Library import, try using the Prefered option, that gives you a way to be more selective on what you can listen to.

Best thing is to keep working at it, going to have to learn the radio eventually. Here is some reading on the radio, a lot of information. It shows it is for the WS1080 and 1088, but it also can be used for the TRX 1.

Easier to Read Whistler WS1080/1088 Handheld Scanner and Software Manual

These radios have a leaning curve, eventually you will get it and it will become second nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.