Lake County IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajsam106

Does anyone know if Hobart PD and Schererville PD are using the trunk system in Lake County (IN) I have programmed them in, as well as Merrillville and Crown Point but I do not hear anything from them. Merrillville and Crown Point work fine. I have used both the Lake County (700.000 mhz) series and the Motorola (800.000 mhz) to no avail.Thanks in advance for any info you could share.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Both are using the new Lake County Consolidated System. I hear them quite regularly here in north Hammond.

ajsam106

Hobart and Schererville

That is great that you are hearing them. Do you program them under the 800 mhz (Project HOOSIER Safe-T) or the 700 mhz (Lake County Public Safety system?

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
That is great that you are hearing them. Do you program them under the 800 mhz (Project HOOSIER Safe-T) or the 700 mhz (Lake County Public Safety system?
The 700 MHz LCPS system, as I thought I'd inferred in my first reply. ;)
rNevJ.png

h00sierdaddy

Schererville and Cedar Lake are not on the lake county radio system because they are not members of lake county 911. They're still operating on their old VHF systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XTS3000

Is Hammond using the new Lake County 700Mhz TDMA 2 system, or are they still using their old analog 800Mhz system?

Also does anything think Cedar Lake and Schererville will eventually join the Lake County E911 system?

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Is Hammond using the new Lake County 700Mhz TDMA 2 system, or are they still using their old analog 800Mhz system?

Also does anything think Cedar Lake and Schererville will eventually join the Lake County E911 system?
Yes, Hammond has been using it for a very long time already >1 year...

Eventually, I suspect that both Cedar Lake and Schererville will cave in to the inevitable.

XTS3000

Thanks for the reply N4GIX. Programming an APX for the system using the non affiliate scan hack and wanted to know if I should reserve a zone for Hammond. Zone reserved!

BTW, the System ID listed on RR is incorrectly listed as 06B1. The actual System ID is 06BC.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
And if I can have someone else confirm that SysID I will change it. Also, you do know that by putting the info of your doing the APX *hack* as you call it out on an public forum that the IPSC, and other system admins etc read daily will very greatly increase the chances of them pressing a few keys to make it an affiliate only system, or go full encryption on all tgs with a little OTAP and then use OTAR to prevent this kind of very action?

MarkBradley

I am new at this,how do I go about programming the Cedar Lake old VHF system. I cannot even recieve Cedar Lake or any local police or fire in my town of Cedar Lake..I have been messing with this scanner for months,and only get the State Police and District 13,Lowell,that's all I can get on this BCD536HP. Any ideas? Mark

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
You will need to use freescan or proscan or sentinel to add the lake co p25 trs.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
You will need to use freescan or proscan or sentinel to add the lake co p25 trs.
That's the problem. Cedar Lake doesn't use the new Lake County Consolidated system. They and Schererville have opted out of the system entirely.

MarkBradley

I have sentinel,under Lake County--County Systems,will I find the download for the Cedar Lake System or Nationwide under one of the VHF systems? I load everything I see with Cedar Lake and or the local like Crown Point or St. John,and I seem to not receive them for some reason.Seem to have everything set up correctly.I may try the VHF in the Nationwide section of the Lake County in Indiana and see what I pick up,otherwise I am totally lost and confused,again,Thanks all.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Database
...USA
......Indiana
.........Lake
............County Systems
................Lake
...................Lake County - Cedar Lake
......................Police Repeater 154.875 NFM DCS 506
......................Police Tac 1 155.6475 NFM CTCSS 192.8
......................Police Tac 2 154.8375 NFM Search
......................Police Tac 3 159.0375 NFM Search

MarkBradley

Hello N4GIX,thank you,I will give it a try,have been busy with my daughter with here moving,( I am the supervisor ). I will give this a college try and hope this will work for me,,I defiantly appreciate a help with this situation.After I am done with my daughter's move,and sit with a coffee,within a day or so,I will program and see if I have a receive or a completion of any workings with this information you have sent more for me to use,and program. I want to THAN YOU,and to evryone else with a input,I will inform all when download is complete and see if I am receiving. I will keep all up to date,Mark,,,Thanks,,,.

MarkBradley

Hello,I check my programming,I have the Cedar Lake programmed the same way you showed me,but I do not ever get any receive from them,I pick up Scherriville,Police and Fire OK,but no Cedar Lake or St John,as they are programmed the way it is on Sentinel. I am going to just install Cedar Lake,let it run and see if I receive anything at all.Been messing with this scanner for a while now,not to happy with BCD536HP,as I have never had problems with a scanner receiving Cedar Lake or anything before,and Uniden tells me there is nothing wrong with it.I will load just Cedar Lake and St. John,run it and see what I get,Thank you again,Mark

MarkBradley

Hello,I loaded just Cedar Lake,everything even the repeater from Sentinel,ran it for over a hour,and still nothing,I know it is not my antenna as I receive the weather stations,and even tried a car scanner antenna. I am using a Diamond 30 to 1300 MHz outside antenna about 35 feet up,never had any problems.Still am not getting anything this morning,is it that quiet in Cedar Lake,or am I missing something.I am getting the school buses,but no Police or Fire??

Status
Not open for further replies.