Lake County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
While doing a search on primary an alternate control channels, 852.2000, 852.7625 ENC. Guess that's why it's quiet.

S

SARCommCoord

The names of the tactical channels have also changed. Instead of PS X, they are now County Wide X. Dispatch is still being simulcasted on VHF

SCPD

QRT
I noticed that also Eric, caught a few more alternate channels ENC. Trooper, are you having the same issue with the audio feed ?

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Trooper, did an ID search and some strange numbers came across. Some where Fire, EMS, Police, Sheriff, others were some I couldn't find searching data for them. The odd thing about it is, like 9743,LCFR Dispatch, then I get something like 10242, 10243, 32769. I'll have to do more and see if these are unit ID'S instead of talk group ID'S.

SCPD

QRT
I am helping a scanner user who lives in The Villages with his BCD396T to determine what has happened down in Lake County, FL. Do I understand the Fire/Rescue has also gone to encryption?

SCPD

QRT
James, as of now one of two have happened, switch to Phase 2, or ENC. Last week control and alternate controls channels showed ENC. Now no ENC, nothing heard. The" Villages", which use to be part of Lake County switched over several months ago and went ENC with the blink of the eye. The reason I bring this up is the "Villages" have bought thousand's of acres in Lake County for development, Fruitland Park, and want no "publicity" what so ever. As the saying goes, what happens in the "Villages", stays in the "Villages". I would wager that ENC has taken over, with much regret.

james32746

Premium Subscriber
Based on listening and using PRO96COM, LCFR has thrown the encryption switch on by moving to new talkgroups. The only thing left is the VHF simulcast of the dispatcher.

KG4YNH

The only non encrypted TGs are LZ and the Hospitals. A couple public works channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYRHKY94

Central FLA is officially ground zero for ENC. Transparency in government non existent. You get the government you deserve. Agree with Tampabaynews.

trooper890

Yes it seems that way, sign of the times. When public safety comms go IP in the next generation it will be all gone.

Lake Dispatch did roll call this morning on 154.385 and returned back to the "PS" talkgroups. PS1 is still recieved, but as expected the rest of the working TG's are now encrypted.

"And another one bites the dust...."

Thomas_Byrd

I am listening to the audio feed online right now, and I am hearing the individual units and the dispatcher on the dispatch channel (Countywide 2 I believe). I also can still hear the dispatcher on the VHF channel. Lake EMS handles all the radio comms for the fire department, but I don't know why they decided to go with encryption.

james32746

Premium Subscriber
I also noticed there appears to be an unencrypted fire channel on TG 6150, probably interop.

As for encryption, probably because of Sumter County.

trooper890

"I am listening to the audio feed online right now, and I am hearing the individual units and the dispatcher on the dispatch channel (Countywide 2 I believe)"

You are hearing PS1 (9473) on the feed.

Thomas_Byrd

Thanks Trooper. I was listening to my scanner Saturday night (Not sure when my post will be approved by a mod) and on the VHF patch, only the tones were coming through as opposed to the tones and the dispatcher's message.

trunktracking

Lake County Fire Rescue Radio Encryption

This webpage will allow you put a face to the names of those responsible for this transition...

https://www.lcso.org/bureaus/RADIO TECHNOLOGY/

My Group C.A.R.E. (Citizens Against Radio Encryption) continually works behind the scenes to address these specific concerns within Florida Senate based Legislative Channels.

https://www.facebook.com/radioscanning

Why is it that Apopka Fire Department, Reedy Creek Fire Rescue and now Lake County Fire Rescue utilize radio encryption on fireground channels, this after agencies such as Orange County Fire Rescue & Seminole County Fire Rescue have recently reviewed their communications policies and choose not to utilize radio encryption on their radio channels?

All My Best,

'Trunktracking'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.