Lake County SO shots fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkewman

i think it was in clear lake... last night around 1am and i think they called in SWAT... i was going over the hill and started losing signal but there was definitly something big. some guy with a rifle in the kitchen.

anyone know any details? i'd sure like to know the outcome.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Here you go, from http://www.record-bee.com/local/ci_4433733

Police arrest man with gun

By staff reports
Record Bee

CLEARLAKE -- An armed Clearlake resident was safely taken into custody early Monday morning after police received a report of a possible shooting.

Clearlake Police Chief Robert Chalk reported that at approximately 12:40 a.m. Monday, CPD officers were advised that Arturo Lopez, 48, was possibly in possession of a weapon while acting strangely at a residence on 24th Avenue in Clearlake.

It was also reported that Lopez had possibly fired at least one shot and had been claiming that he shot his wife and children.

Upon officers' arrival in the area, Lopez stepped out of a residence with a semi-automatic assault-type rifle.

Chalk reported that Lopez, who refused to drop the weapon, raised it and pointed it directly at a nearby officer.

Two officers fired their weapons at Lopez, who retreated back into the residence.

The area was closed off with the assistance of deputies from the Lake County Sheriff's Office and members of the county's Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team, said Chalk.

Numerous attempts were made to contact Lopez inside the residence, but he failed to respond. Chemical agents also were deployed into the residence with negative results.

At approximately 7 a.m., SWAT Team members made entry into the residence, located Lopez and arrested him without incident.

Lopez, who was initially unresponsive at the time, was transported to a nearby hospital where he was found to have no gunshot wounds and only minor injuries.

Lopez was later transported to the Lake County Jail and housed after receiving medical clearance.

During the early morning hours it also was determined that Lopez's wife and children were actually safe and at a friend's home, unharmed.

No officers were physically injured during this incident and the names of the officers involved are currently being withheld.

mkewman

boy, i was suprised. the hour of traffic i heard of the incident was amazing. Lake county isn't known for incidents like that and i'm sure those officers don't get a lot of practice with stuff like this, but they were really professional and they did an amazing job communcating and planning.

Those officers should be proud. Its probably the most excitement those guys have had in a long time. thats a real quiet area.

Status
Not open for further replies.