Lake County with ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Using the recorder function in ProScan, anytime I make changes in Sentinel to Lake Co Public Safety, all my checked boxes (to record) become unchecked. Is this normal? It only happens to this system. Anyone else notice this?

BF8609

Been looking at this for awhile, and from what I can see the record option is part of Proscan and Sentinel doesn't have a record setting. So is it possible when you save a list edited with sentinel the record option is turned off.

I spent months looking for Saint Johns Public Works thinking it was on Lake County PS and was making changes several times an hour and never had a recording issue using the FTP write to update.

I only used sentinel for a short time and do remember having recording issues every time I updated favorites list. I finally started using FTP write and and this sites data base and never looked back.

If I miss understood your question please let me know.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Been looking at this for awhile, and from what I can see the record option is part of Proscan and Sentinel doesn't have a record setting. So is it possible when you save a list edited with sentinel the record option is turned off.

I spent months looking for Saint Johns Public Works thinking it was on Lake County PS and was making changes several times an hour and never had a recording issue using the FTP write to update.m

I only used sentinel for a short time and do remember having recording issues every time I updated favorites list. I finally started using FTP write and and this sites data base and never looked back.

If I miss understood your question please let me know.
I'm most comfortable using Sentinel for programming to my scanners. I have a SDS200 running through ProScan. Can't explain why, but if I make a change in Lake Co Pu Safety my record (checked) boxes somehow gets turned off. This system only, everything else stays checked. As long as I know that, I'll check ProScan and make appropriate settings changes. As far as St John PW, possibly still on analog channels. You can program the old analog freqs and then listen "during a snow event". Or, if your scanner allows, do a Trunked or Conventional discovery. I've been trying to find Lake Co Hwy Dept. for the snow plows but they don't talk much. I have 61 hits from this previous search I need to check. Majority will be PD. Back to programming, I program with a laptop through Sentinel. Then write to scanner. After that I'll go to desktop in ProScan do an FTP READ from scanner. The desktop control's ProScan. Just remember to check the record boxes in ProScan. It only takes a couple of seconds. (my cat is trying to help me type, hope nothing got screwed up) Good luck! TG's may be "assigned" to SJPW but not used.

BF8609

I found SJPW last month they're using a Single Channel DMR 154.0325 CC3

I use a Sony Vaio laptop & Remote Desktop to manage SDS200 with DMR option. HDMI out to 70'' Samsung. I got tied of using the mini USB connection real quick and found the FTP option much easier. At times I was updating every ten minutes, using FTP I don't have to get up and walk across the room and push the E button each time. I also use HD Base T through out house to send scanner to each TV via ethernet, this allows me to make programming changes from TV or I use Mac Book with Remote Desktop....
Been spending a lot time on Nipsco and found sentinel to be total waste of storage space regarding Nipsco....just heard the Helicopter in route to Valpo UID 11002. I live close to one of their larger transmission lines and like watching them fly their inspection flights each month. I follow with security cams.....Life in NWI is quite boring at times.
Lake Public Safety would benefit from a class on how to use a radio, from talking into mic to using a 10 codes......Being a former system manager KNEM221 I'd shut off the radios of the users who couldn't talk or assign a low talk priority to them.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone found LC PW yet? I have found Hammond plows (222) but nothing from LC (I live off Commercial ave behind ORLY auto parts in Lowell,

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
The FCC DB wasn't available the other night when I was looking. I have mainly been searching for a TG on the two systems. I have no external antennas as yet. I'll wait until it snows again on Sunday to hardcore search for it

BF8609

The FCC DB wasn't available the other night when I was looking. I have mainly been searching for a TG on the two systems. I have no external antennas as yet. I'll wait until it snows again on Sunday to hardcore search for it
I set up a search on the LAKE County PS several months ago. I got tired of Hammond and made a TGID list out to 1000 and using the avoid option I found about 10 additional TGID's for Hammond from dog catcher to water dept locators. Also heard the radio man testing phone(s) for each Judges court room and found numerous encrypted talk groups. After a week of not finding what I was looking for I deleted the list.

I did get several hits on 2 DMR systems WPMY269 @ 155.76 and WQTV685 @ 154.4825

Also looking @ WREX862 @ 151.4075 as a P25 but not sure if I entered it correctly. When I try to check System Status I cannot find it. But the two DMR sites seem to be active. I'll keep monitoring them.

I haven't looked at the SAFE-T site for PW as of yet although the National Guard Flights from Gary down through southern Indiana have been active in past months.

Last edited:

west-pac

I set up a search on the LAKE County PS several months ago. I got tired of Hammond and made a TGID list out to 1000 and using the avoid option I found about 10 additional TGID's for Hammond from dog catcher to water dept locators. Also heard the radio man testing phone(s) for each Judges court room and found numerous encrypted talk groups. After a week of not finding what I was looking for I deleted the list.

I did get several hits on 2 DMR systems WPMY269 @ 155.76 and WQTV685 @ 154.4825

Also looking @ WREX862 @ 151.4075 as a P25 but not sure if I entered it correctly. When I try to check System Status I cannot find it. But the two DMR sites seem to be active. I'll keep monitoring them.

I haven't looked at the SAFE-T site for PW as of yet although the National Guard Flights from Gary down through southern Indiana have been active in past months.

151.4075 would be NXDN96.

Status
Not open for further replies.