Lake County's system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurence

I have a BCD396T an I am unable to hear Lake County's new system. Dose the fact that I cannot enter the entire frequency into my scanner cause problems. I have updated to version 3.1.

gcr33

I have had no problem listening to it using my 396XT. It is a P25 system. All digital. Check you settings and just use the control channels. Note there are 3 sites to this system.

I have a BCD396T an I am unable to hear Lake County's new system. Dose the fact that I cannot enter the entire frequency into my scanner cause problems. I have updated to version 3.1.

trooper890

lake

Ive run a 996 and 396 from day 1 in control channel only mode. No problems at all.

Note depending on where you are and what system you monitor, you may not hear all talkgroups. It is a true smartzone environment.

Laurence

I works

As soon as i started driving towards Lake county yesterday everything started working. I'd forgotten that between me and Tavares in Lake county are several huge tracts of pine trees. Pine trees are notorious for blocking or reducing any type of radio signal. The huge amount of sap in the trunks is the signal killer. So If I want to listen to Lake county I'm going to have to put up a 40'+ tower. One problem solved another created.

trooper890

pine trees

If you are only 12 miles from Tavares, pine trees are not causing the problem.

Try a better antenna, something optimized for 800mhz.

Laurence

Yes Pine Trees

I don't mean to disagree but having lived 50+ years among pine trees in NW Orange County I can say that they do block signals. I own and live in the middle of 40 acres of potential pulpwood, these trees are full of sap right now. Yes a proper antenna would be correct but you also need height. Line of sight reception at 10' runs straight through the trees.

flpyro

Premium Subscriber
Need Help With Scanner

I thought I would start here with this thread. I have the BCD396T and had the unit programmed for Lake and Sumter County. As we know,Sumter is analog and Lake has gone over to digital. The digital side is the probleam that I have right now. I can take the scanner and park under one of the towers and the reception is just unreal. NOTHING...it will just come and go.
Sometimes you get the other towns that are 15 miles away come in loud and clear. So last month I installed one small tower at my home. Did not want to go nuts here with large antennas at the house. I found one at Radio Shack that fit the budget.This did absolutely nothing to pick up the digital side for me.

Any help here would be gratefully appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.