Lake Cumberland Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
I heard a while back that Lake Cumberland is operated by the US Army Corp of engineers. However I usually hear about boats getting stopped by the “cops” does KSP patrol the water or does the Corp patrol the water stopping boaters. I was monitoring Wayne county SO and I heard the Corp come up on there channel.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Park Rangers keep boaters safe during World’s largest Raft-Up at Lake Cumberland might be interesting reading.

I also understand that Kentucky Fish and Wildlife law enforcement folks might also be around. They are the "7xxxx" units on KSP. I have heard them on Rough River lake. Also last month we were on Lake Barkley and saw some F&W boats.

So many of Kentucky's "big lakes" are army corps of engineers flood control projects.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
F&W will either be on KSP or cell phones. I'm sure they also have marine radios, which would be corps of engineers friendly.

(Actually I've heard F&W law enforcement talk on many different systems - they have multi-band radios if I remember right from when one of their guys was showing me his portable.)

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Okay thank you I was just curious because Wayne county SO was doing something at one of the boat ramps and the Corp came on channel to help SO

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I would scan the 160 - 172 band and monitor for P25 or find some old Corp frequencies under federal.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good I’ll be sure to keep the NAC open also I’ll see if I can get post 11 that covers part of the lake from here in Richmond to see if they do stuff on the lake

Status
Not open for further replies.