Lake Dallas TX police? Where'd they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k5dh

I haven't received anything from Lake Dallas PD in ages. They used to be on the Lewisville system and that's what I have programmed into my BCD436HPs and BCD536HPs. Checking the database today, it looks like Lewisville moved to the Denton County system in March. I don't see any listing for Lake Dallas PD on the Denton County system. The only thing I find is their ancient FM simplex channel. Where'd they go?

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Try talkgroup 11671 on the Denton County P25 site. I'm not sure if they are dispatched on the county patrol channels, or their own.

Stephen

You will be hearing them on the regular county patrol channel soon I believe patrol 2. They recently decided to get rid of their own dispatch center and pay for the county to dispatch for them.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
TG 33 or 37 is used to dispatch many of the smaller towns in Denton Co. The LE unit numbers are in the 120 and 130s!

jkentclax

Thanks. I just got a bcd436 scanner and am having a hard time trying to find and program these new digital frequencies.

jkentclax

I'm trying to figure out how to get the tone out for little elm fire, Aubrey, and possibly prosper. Also still trying to figure out how to only listen to the little elm area and not all other towns.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to figure out how to get the tone out for little elm fire, Aubrey, and possibly prosper. Also still trying to figure out how to only listen to the little elm area and not all other towns.
If Little Elm PD dispatch is on the Denton County P25 system, using the 'Small PD' (or Patrol 2 TGID, 37), you would not be able to narrow it to only Little Elm, as more that one agency is being dispatched on that talkgroup.

For tone outs, remember that that the scanner has to remain 'parked' on the tone out frequency in order to work. While you can enter several codes, they would all need to be on the same tone-out frequency. See this. If Little Elm and Aubrey were both being toned out on the Denton County fire page frequency, you could enter the tones for them. However, Prosper being in Collin, not Denton, County, they would not be using the same frequency as the first two.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Is there a way to delete the jail and other talk groups?
Are you scanning using a Favorites list?
Or, are you using your location and the main database instead.

If using just location and the main database, you cannot lock out specific talkgroups permanently. For the Jail traffic, if the talkgroup service code is "Corrections", you can turn that type off and they won't be scanned. (For Denton County, I see that they are using "Corrections".)

If you create and use a Favorites list instead, you can "Avoid" (lock out) specific talkgroups and conventional frequencies, so that the scanner will no longer stop on them.

jkentclax

I'm using my favorite list. I notice some of the TGID numbers are not on the computer database, but are listed in radio reference.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm using my favorite list. I notice some of the TGID numbers are not on the computer database, but are listed in radio reference.
You are likely scanning in ID Search mode, instead of ID Scan.

ID Search will stop on any active talkgroup that is on the system, as long as it is not either avoided (locked out), and it is not in a department that is avoided.

ID Scan will stop on only the TGID's you have in your Favorites list. However, since the Denton P25 system is relatively new, I'd expect more talkgroups to be added by the various agencies using the system, as they refine what they want or need.

If you created your Favorites list by appending from the main database, you may have not gotten all the ID's in use, as more have been added since your list was created. I would suggest that you edit your Favorites list, and add a "Misc department, then set it as Avoided (locked out). Then, move the talkgroups that don't interest you there, and the scanner will skip them, while leaving you in ID Search mode so that you would get a look at any new ID's. If they one's that don't interest you, add them to your Avoided Misc department.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where the prosper fire tac channels are? Also where does Celina operate?
Prosper has talkgroups on Frisco's system for both fire and PD. Prosper PD also has talkgroups on Prosper's system.

Celina has a talkgroup on the Collin County system. Note that Collin County is upgrading their system. Currently, it is a Motorola Type 2, analog, system. After the upgrade, Collin County will be part of current Plano (PAWM) system, and is switching to P25 Phase II (digital).

Status
Not open for further replies.