Lake Erie Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHIOSCAN

Yesterday around 5pm I heard a Unid A/C or Marine Unit clg the NEAH BAY cutter about a track. I missed
the freq. Has anyone caught any of these ops, it sounded digital so it was either MARCS or more likely CBP.

OHIOSCAN

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
i don't know about that but on Friday i was getting a lot of hits on ODNR NW CALLING and WATERCRAFT-LAKE ERIE talk groups on MARCS but that was on Friday coming off the castilla site and fremont site as well

N8IAA

Plane crash Mike. Heard some comms from the OSP on the 106. We need to meet up this week now that I'm up north:D PM me.
Larry

jpryor

You were likely hearing them on Ohio MARCS DNR talk group WCE-ERIE. The cutter has been controlling various assets on Lake Erie. I've heard "700" (CBP Sector dispatch), various CBP "Mike" marine patrol units as well as local/county units (Lorain Co Sheriff Patrol, Lake County Marine Patrol, Put-In-Bay Harbor Patrol) that had CBP units on board. There may also be another Canadian Coast Guard cutter on that channel from what I could determine. Communications have been a combination of both clear and secure traffic. Some of the same CBP units on MARCS have also been heard on the CBP VHF repeaters. MARCS appears to be providing really good wide area interoperability coverage for these patrols.

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
yeah i was getting alot of traffic on WCE-ERIE all weekend now for border patrol i heard nothing 165.6875, 171.2875,165.6875 while camping at east harbor.. what frequencies did u hear CBP

ZAC

Status
Not open for further replies.