Lake oswego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletus220

Hi all. I was just wondering If Lake Oswego was still an anolog trunked system?

And also, what would be a good scanner to listen to lake Oswego police and fire on?

Thanks, John

radiotweester

Lake O IS still operating Analog. They are simulcast on both the Washington and Clackamas Co systems. If you want to listen to them on the Washington Co side, most any trunk tracking scanner will work. If you're listening on the Clackamas Co you will need a scanner with updatable firmware as they have "rebanded". The Uniden 396T seems to be a common one used by a number of people (I am not personally familiar with it however).

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
Lake O IS still operating Analog. They are simulcast on both the Washington and Clackamas Co systems. If you want to listen to them on the Washington Co side, most any trunk tracking scanner will work. If you're listening on the Clackamas Co you will need a scanner with updatable firmware as they have "rebanded". The Uniden 396T seems to be a common one used by a number of people (I am not personally familiar with it however).

Are you certain the Clackamas County side has completed rebanding? As far as I know they're still on the 866. freqs...

radiotweester

Joe, good catch!
I was wrong about the rebanding in Clackamas Co being done.
I was receiving the 867 freq sending out data, but my scanner wasn't showing and Talkgroups being steered off that data. This was the same as I saw in Salem last time I was there.
I went through the Clackamas system channels and Lake O and other Clackamas stuff IS still on the 866-868 freqs. Sorry for the confusion.

Cletus220 most any trunktracker type scanner will work, right now. If you are going to buy a new one though, make sure it is able to be upgraded after rebanding occurs

Status
Not open for further replies.