Lake St Louis

wx9svr

Premium Subscriber
< Observes moment of silence. 😔 >

< Followed by a lot of silence. 😉 >

kruser

Premium Subscriber
well I've got Proscan up & haven't seen anything come over EM-2 in a while; however on the LSL TG, dispatch is coming over P25. Hopefully I'm not going crazy
It appears all the mobiles or portables are encrypted but the dispatch console only has been in the clear. All LSL traffic appears to be back on TG 24040 also.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
that's what I was thinking too but also wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy (y)
Nope, you're not crazy!
I wonder if leaving the dispatcher in the clear is intentional or if they just have not had a chance to reprogram the console yet. It obviously has the secure keys though otherwise they could not talk with or hear the users.
I'd bet they have the ability to encrypt a dispatch on the fly if needed.

If this works out for them, maybe others will follow and at least allow dispatch calls to go out in the clear. Probably wishful thinking though.

stlouisx50

Nope, you're not crazy!
I wonder if leaving the dispatcher in the clear is intentional or if they just have not had a chance to reprogram the console yet. It obviously has the secure keys though otherwise they could not talk with or hear the users.
I'd bet they have the ability to encrypt a dispatch on the fly if needed.

If this works out for them, maybe others will follow and at least allow dispatch calls to go out in the clear. Probably wishful thinking though.
I thought Scott County or Sikeston as well as Poplar Bluff did something like that.