Lake Village Gone Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve0622

I have family that lives in Lake Village and the PD there uses 158.8875. About 3 months ago, my family started hearing a "whirly bird" sound on that frequency when the PD keys up. Does this mean they have went digital? And if so, can anyone find out what the DPL Tone is.

Thanks

Steve

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
I have family that lives in Lake Village and the PD there uses 158.8875. About 3 months ago, my family started hearing a "whirly bird" sound on that frequency when the PD keys up. Does this mean they have went digital? And if so, can anyone find out what the DPL Tone is.

Thanks

Steve

Steve

Lake Village Is still on the 460 mhz channel i was listening to them, maybe they are gonna switch or use it for the fire department, but at this time there still using the uhf freq. i will keep an ear out for the switch over

steve0622

thanks for the replies. My family said they are also heading the same thing on the Dermott PD frequency as well. I guess Dermott is using the same type of system.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Per the latest FCC information for the updated lic,... and the new emission codes.. They have gone MotoTRBO.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Someone better get on the ball and hack MotoTRBO or public safety scanning will slowly die.

Prolly never happen in a million years tho!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.