Lake Worth PD (Palm Beach County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
We cut them over 2 days ago to the TRS. The talk-groups listed in the RR database are accurate for their operations.

Mark

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
KS4VT said:
We cut them over 2 days ago to the TRS. The talk-groups listed in the RR database are accurate for their operations.

Mark
Mark -

Kinda off topic, but kinda on --- The county wants to dispatch for all the departments eventually (Boca, Delray, etc.), right?

I've also heard that if this went through, they'd also be sending the closest unit to every call. I've heard people don't want this because it would mean a Boca unit transporting a trauma to delray, would then possibly get a call in delray's zone since they'd be the closest unit.

Does this make any sense, has anybody been talking about all of this?

Thanks

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
It's in the process with almost every FD in Palm Beach buying into it as they would migrate to an FD Dispatch center and would be, let's just say, no longer second to LE when it comes to communications.

PBCFR has so many agencies that have bought into it, with more coming on every month, the cities to the South will be by themselves within the next year.

Is it a plus? You bet! Someone having a heart attack doesn't care what name is printed on the side of the truck or what name is on the patch. They just want to go to the hospital via the fastest means possible.

One of the largest FD's in the County (West Palm Beach) migrates in the September/October time frame and PBCFR already dispatches for some of it's more western units due to WPB radio coverage issues. I just don't see what issues Boca & Delray have other than its a turf war.

Status
Not open for further replies.