Lakeland Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; SPH-L710 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Not trying to be smart, but have you read the other posts in this thread? Specifically kayleesdad's?

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Don't feel bad, my home county in NJ just went to a P25 Phase II system and our PD, which was the first PD to join the system, is encrypted! All law enforcement that use the system will be encrypted. That will be by end of 2103. This is getting about as bad as Florida! At least Fire/EMS is clear.

Bucfan

Premium Subscriber
Lakeland

No havent heard nothing offical about them encrypting I downloaded from the database the Lakeland Project 25 files it was like only 2 859.11250 and 859.7625 we had no hits at all on them the thread before this mentioned that lakeland was encrypted we cannot find no others that seem to work. any and all help is appreciated

aharry

Do we know if they are actually encrypted or just using P25 phase II TDMA, which is not supported by most scanners. The GRE800 supposedly has support for phase II TDMA which means it is not a totally lost cause, but if they have truly went encrypted then we are done.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; SPH-L710 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

There are posts in this thread about encryption showing up on Unitrunker.

aharry

After playing with Unitrunker this morning I have a better feel for what is going on. It appears according to Unitrunker the system is Phase II TDMA and some but not all communications are encrypted. Talk groups 51,55,and 57 are very active and always encrypted so those are probably LPD.

Most other talk groups seem to be in the clear. Without audio who knows what they are could be LFD, Lakeland Electric, Sanitation, or the Handy Bus.

Don't think I want to spend $500 on a new scanner to find out.

Bucfan

Premium Subscriber
Lakeland

so in pase 2 TDMA we would need to buy a seperate scanner but were not totally sure if that is were there at is that correct. Im currently using BCD99XT on all our computers and getting lite traffic on 154.1900

aharry

The GRE-800 purports to support P25 phase II TDMA, but even with that scanner you will not receive encrypted talk groups, which it appears at least the law enforcement channels and possibly fire/rescue are encrypted at this time.

There simply is no way to receive encrypted communications as that is the exact purpose of encryption.

Bucfan

Premium Subscriber
lakeland

what I really need is fire dispatch and possibly tac fire ground channels. I really appreciate the halp

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
After playing with Unitrunker this morning I have a better feel for what is going on. It appears according to Unitrunker the system is Phase II TDMA and some but not all communications are encrypted. Talk groups 51,55,and 57 are very active and always encrypted so those are probably LPD.

Most other talk groups seem to be in the clear. Without audio who knows what they are could be LFD, Lakeland Electric, Sanitation, or the Handy Bus.

Don't think I want to spend $500 on a new scanner to find out.

Don't have to. You can just use the Windows calculator in scientific (or programmer mode). Take the hex talkgroup value on the old system and convert it to decimal to find the new talkgroup on the P-25 system! This method works on most converted systems.

For example Police channel A talkgroup in hex is 033 on the old system. It is now 51 (decimal) on the new system.

The other talkgroups shown on the Unitrunker screen shot for the new system are 57, 67, 75, 81 which equate to 39, 43, 4B, and 51 on the old system.

Therefore some new system talkgroups are:

51 Police Channel A
57 Police Channel D
67 Police Channel I
75 Police Channel M
81 Fire Channel A

Unitrunker shows that Police are encrypted (must look at the channel grants). P4 = encryption. Interesting that there was no calls shown for talkgroup 81 (Fire Ch A dispatch) only a join to a talk group (affiliation in Motorola terms). So Fire can still be unencrypted. Unitrunker must be run again to see if in fact talkgroup 81 gets a call grant with is clear or encrypted (P4). kayleesdad can you run it again?

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
what I really need is fire dispatch and possibly tac fire ground channels. I really appreciate the halp

Bucfan,

Just use the conversion method I explained in my previous post to find the Fire talkgroups. We should know if they are indeed encrypted or clear after Unitrunker is run again when there is fire dept. call activity on the system.

Last edited:

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver

Or like I said in my previous post, divide the old analog talkgroup by 16 to get the new TG.

Someone let us know if TG 81 is encrypted.

Last edited:

aharry

There has to be more to it. I have been running Unitrunker all day and have not seen 53 or 81. 53 would be LPD South dispatch and 81 would be Fire dispatch.. obviously there would be significant traffic on both those groups.

83 is fairly active and is not showing encrypted.

And as I posted earlier 51 and 57 are the most active and are encrypted, making me believe they are LPD North and LPD South.

Bucfan

Premium Subscriber
lakeland

think that is were im going wronge our pc screen looks nothing like that we usally send them out for programming at 150 apiece to scanner master im not that savy in programming have some knowledge but not much we are using ARC XT Pro series on the pc

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bolt,

I must have missed that post from you, my apologies. But the good news it looks like FD is clear from the latest screen shot.

BTW PM me. Have a question about what you meant by Sheriff Judd's stance on encryption. I think it is a good thing that he is anti-encryption.

Joe

Or like I said in my previous post, divide the old analog talkgroup by 16 to get the new TG.

Someone let us know if TG 81 is encrypted.

Bucfan

Premium Subscriber
lakeland

I took the old TG and divided by 16 punched in new number and still have no hits not a clue what i did wrong

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
If you are using ARC-XT then you have a Uniden. They cannot receive the system since it is Apco-25 Phase II. You need a PSR-800 with the latest DSP and firmware installed. That is the only scanner that will be able to track this system, however, they are not made anymore. Try Ebay for one since they are not made. Scanner Master is the only retailer with them in stock at $699!

aharry

Bucfan,
You are not going to be able to receive anything at this point. Even if you get your scanner to track the system you will get no audio. There is only one scanner on the market at this time that even claims to have the ability to receive audio under this system, so unless you have a GRE PSR-800 it is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.