Lakemore PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einstein

Traffic was heard on 37040 and was referred to as TAC 1. Will keep listening to confirm.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I gotta start recording again. I'm home tomorrow (Friday). I set it up over night and see what I find.

I also heard a 400 unit calling in service on 36848. He could have been on the wrong channel. They are all still trying to get a feel for the new radios. Heard two Springfield PD talking. The conversation went like this:

901 to 903 on ... whatever
903 on whatever

Einstein

Lakemore/Springfield

Lakemore/ Springfield Intercity channel 5A if that is what they are calling it is 36816.
Further 37040 is confirmed Lakemore TAC 1.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Again,

I'd rather not have '5A' labeled in the DB that way. No other community uses the zones and positions to call a channel. That's why Motorola made those nice pretty 16 or 20 character displays. If we are patient, they are going to call it by a real name.

I've got audio of Springfield calling Lakemore on 36816, but that hardly makes it an intercity channel. I've also got audio of Mogadore calling Springfield on Springfield Ops.

With all the channel positions available, everyone has a little bit of the neighbors. That was part of the whole purpose of the countywide system. Now, they can all talk to each other instead of going through dispatchers all the time.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I knew some patience (and a little audio recording) would pay off. I've got about 7 minutes of audio on 35696. It starts with some guys talking about the fair. Gee, I wonder who that could be? Then, "what was that, on Fireground 3?"

Looks like I've found Tallmadge Fireground 3. DB update posted.

Einstein

Lakemore/Springfield

In listening to their conversations, I reported it as they stated. I am assuming that a car-to-car call between 2 jurisdictions would be called an intercity channel. I'll leave that up to you.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Einstein said:
Further 37040 is confirmed Lakemore TAC 1.

I can confirm this with audio. 200 units talking, using SO codes, referencing the village, calling it "TAC 1". Someone mark it.

Status
Not open for further replies.