Lakes Region Mutual Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbass

Premium Subscriber
Has Lakes Region changed their dispatch frequency, power level and/or DCS? I noticed today that I'm not picking them up at all on all three of my radios - they're typically full quieting. Being that it's Saturday of Motorcycle week I would expect that they're pretty busy. Anyone know if things have changed with Lakes Region Mutual Aid recently? thanks!

ecps92

Also put back in 33.9000, they have or are going to re-establish it

Has Lakes Region changed their dispatch frequency, power level and/or DCS? I noticed today that I'm not picking them up at all on all three of my radios - they're typically full quieting. Being that it's Saturday of Motorcycle week I would expect that they're pretty busy. Anyone know if things have changed with Lakes Region Mutual Aid recently? thanks!

coolbass

Premium Subscriber
33.90!

That's great - I miss 33.90. Do you know what the PL will be? Also, is Lakes Region now simulcasting? I'm hearing a lot of what sounds like multipath distortion - similar to how SWNHDFMA sounds since they began simulcasting. Thanks.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
I have been getting 192.8 for 33.90 when up that way. It is low power to control the 159.9000 (210.7) Simulcast system. I have heard of other PL's on 33.90 but only confirmed 192.8.

mainetrunk

Thanks to you too, Mr bass. I'm waiting for them to talk now to confirm all. I heard 33.900 last month. Great signal.. Didnt know they were tinkerring with the tones, til now.. YUp, confirmed. I got alot of re-programming to do. V-scanners are fun----pro 106

Last edited:

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
159.9000's PL of 210.7 and 33.90's PL of 192.8 had long since been confirmed. Another PL had been reported on 33.90 early on, but appears it is no longer in use.

It may be important to note that 33.90 isn't carrying any traffic that 159.900 doesn't. It is the control frequency the dispatch center utilizes to transmit on 159.9000. I think it's great to hear 33.90 back on the air, but completely for nostalgic reasons.

Thanks to you too, Mr bass. I'm waiting for them to talk now to confirm all. I heard 33.900 last month. Great signal.. Didnt know they were tinkerring with the tones, til now.. YUp, confirmed. I got alot of re-programming to do. V-scanners are fun----pro 106

ronhl

Nice to monitor lowband again, it's been a long time.
Being up in the L. Region area for some time now, found monitoring 33.90 (vs 159.9) has been clearer even with the tones. After sweeping the bands there seems to be a high degree of rf interference in the Laconia area on the VHF hi band, causing intermods.(pagers..ect). And I thought I was getting away..ha! ( Manch area is bad! )
I'm using 2 Par Electronics pager notch filters and 1 fm notch filter inline to help knock it down.
Haven't had a need to monitor lowband until now....brings back old times when lowband used to be very active.

DJZ

Premium Subscriber
Hi All.
I am sorry if this question is redundant based upon all the information in this post above but my knowledge of programming my sons scanner is very limited. My son has a Whistler WS1040 scanner and up to a couple of years ago always was able to hear Lakes Region Mutual Aid. I see by reading above some changes ("PL" not sure what that is?) were made. I re-entered the codes using Radio Reference directly into his scanner but it still does not work. Will his scanner pick up the signals or am I doing something wrong? Thank you.

DJZ

Premium Subscriber
Lakes Region

Hi All.
I am sorry if this question is redundant based upon all the information in this post above but my knowledge of programming my sons scanner is very limited. My son has a Whistler WS1040 scanner and up to a couple of years ago always was able to hear Lakes Region Mutual Aid. I see by reading above some changes ("PL" not sure what that is?) were made. I re-entered the codes using Radio Reference directly into his scanner but it still does not work. Will his scanner pick up the signals or am I doing something wrong? Thank you

Sorry I posted twice.

Last edited:

ecps92

Lets start at the begining and make sure the changes took effect

Lets assume you mean the Dispatch of 159.9000
what is the radio currently programmed for a Tone.
If it is NOT 210.7 you won't hear them

Double check the tone first...

Hi All.
I am sorry if this question is redundant based upon all the information in this post above but my knowledge of programming my sons scanner is very limited. My son has a Whistler WS1040 scanner and up to a couple of years ago always was able to hear Lakes Region Mutual Aid. I see by reading above some changes ("PL" not sure what that is?) were made. I re-entered the codes using Radio Reference directly into his scanner but it still does not work. Will his scanner pick up the signals or am I doing something wrong? Thank you

Sorry I posted twice.

Last edited:

DJZ

Premium Subscriber
ecps92,
You are correct. We have Dispatch of 159.9000 and 8 or 9 more after that are all listed to Lakes Region which I down loaded directly from Radio Reference into the scanner. I am not familiar with a Tone? Can you tell me how to check for this or where I would fine it? Thank you.

ecps92

Not being too familiar with your model, it might flash the tone, alternating after the Frequency ?

If not, go into Program mode and report back all the setting for this one freq.
Maybe someone more familiar with the model will chime in..

The other question is...does it hear anything else ?? that is programmed ??
Try the WX Svc, it could be the Antenna :confused:
ecps92,
You are correct. We have Dispatch of 159.9000 and 8 or 9 more after that are all listed to Lakes Region which I down loaded directly from Radio Reference into the scanner. I am not familiar with a Tone? Can you tell me how to check for this or where I would fine it? Thank you.

DJZ

Premium Subscriber
ecps92
Here is what we see on the screen:

11-0334 CONV pID
au 159.900000
LRMFA 1
DC:331

Yes all other channels that are programmed work fine.

What about the Tone. What is the 210.7 you asked about?

Thank you.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
11-0334 CONV pID
au 159.900000
LRMFA 1
DC:331

The DC:331 is the problem. It needs to be CS:210.7, or whatever the setting is that changes that to 210.7

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
I just looked and Belknap, Grafton and Strafford counties still show 159.9000 as DPL 331. Only Merrimack County has is changed. So the vast majority of Lakes Region's coverage area is listed wrong in the RR Database. They changed a few years ago.

Here is a good link for Lakes Region (and all of New England)

ecps92

Also noticed the not ALL of the LRMFA channels are listed in the other Counties.
Ticket opened to get this fixed :cool:

I just looked and Belknap, Grafton and Strafford counties still show 159.9000 as DPL 331. Only Merrimack County has is changed. So the vast majority of Lakes Region's coverage area is listed wrong in the RR Database. They changed a few years ago.

Here is a good link for Lakes Region (and all of New England)

Status
Not open for further replies.