LAKEWOOD FD going P25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors have it that Lakewood fire department is switching over they're 450MHZ system to a P25 PHASE 2 system.
I spoke to the lkwd fire chief, but there is no actual real info regarding what type of system they will use. will they go 500 or 800MHZ?
Anyone that has info regarding the system upgrade pls advise.

yours truly "LKWD CMMND" and all the lkwd fire buffers.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Last edited:

elias1988

Feed Provider
Not that I know of besides FCC licensing which none are pending for Lakewood,only way is to ask someone in the department.

TR-613

Premium Subscriber
Rumors have it that Lakewood fire department is switching over they're 450MHZ system to a P25 PHASE 2 system.
I spoke to the lkwd fire chief, but there is no actual real info regarding what type of system they will use. will they go 500 or 800MHZ?

yours truly "LKWD CMMND" and all the lkwd fire buffers.
I believe they are upgrading their volunteers Miniter VI Pagers to unication G2 indicating that they will probably be switching to P25 phase ll Conventional UHF using various NAC codes.

allie1226

Premium Subscriber
In an effort to eliminate juvenile interference on its emergency radio frequency, the Lakewood Fire Department radio channel will soon be digital.Any idea if this will be a frequency change.I heard they put up a new tower,but thats all.

allie1226

Premium Subscriber
In an effort to eliminate juvenile interference on its emergency radio frequency, the Lakewood Fire Department radio channel will soon be digital.Any idea if this will be a frequency change.I heard they put up a new tower,but thats all.
I found part of the answer from a post from 2020:Rumors have it that Lakewood fire department is switching over they're 450MHZ system to a P25 PHASE 2 system.

elias1988

Feed Provider
That would be the county 700 MHz system since conventional P25 Phase II doesn’t exist. No changes are pending on their license for P25. I suggest running their current frequency in search mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.