Lakewood Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I was monitoring, Very odd .. Dispatch and fireground traffic on one talk group. It got real interesting when they had another fire call. And the emergency alert going off every few seconds on E2 captains radio . Thousands of TGs on these new systems and they use ONE ?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I was monitoring, Very odd .. Dispatch and fireground traffic on one talk group. It got real interesting when they had another fire call. And the emergency alert going off every few seconds on E2 captains radio . Thousands of TGs on these new systems and they use ONE ?

That's very likely force of habit. Many departments have become so accustomed to using a single channel for everything that it's difficult for them to get into the habit of switching a working incident to a fireground or tactical channel.

In all likelihood, Lakewood has at least one tac channel for this purpose, but they just forget to use it.

kc8kek

Old UHF system had a fireground, but wasn't used often. New system includes a fireground, which is used about half of the time, which is analog and simplex.

Booglata

I asked this question in another thread, but will pose it here again since there was yet another fire in Lakewood tonight. Does anyone have any idea what frequency the Lakewood fire department uses for fireground?

fireground for lakewood

well did you read the other posts? said lakewood stay's on their main fire channel when working a fire guess maybe one day we will find their fireground channel but they never used their UHF Fireground before.

SCPD

QRT
Old UHF system had a fireground, but wasn't used often. New system includes a fireground, which is used about half of the time, which is analog and simplex.

Perhaps you could tell us what it is and clear up the confusion?

Booglata

Fireground was used last night during a fire at the Carlyle and again the night before during the Orchard Grove fire. So, to disabuse the notion that it's not being used, it is. I just can't find where it's located.

well did you read the other posts? said lakewood stay's on their main fire channel when working a fire guess maybe one day we will find their fireground channel but they never used their UHF Fireground before.

Status
Not open for further replies.