Lancaster CITY PD Callsigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPAJ

Hello,

I will be working in Lancaster and am looking for some info on CITY PD callsigns to pass the time. Listening to CITY PD 1 (DISP), I hear 2 digit numbers, numbers in the 100's, and numbers in the 200's so far.

Does anybody know what numbers correspond to which units/groups/assignments/regions/shifts or how ever else they break them down. For instance, does a mounted or K9 unit get a special callsign, are the rest split by shifts, and how do shift assignments break down in the numeral scheme.

Yes, I understand that in the Fall LE will go strapped E. This is just a side project and entertainment until the switch happens. Any help is needed.

ocguard

Most police departments in the region use the officer's badge number as their radio ID. When more than one department operates on a dispatch channel, the department's prefix is used as well. For example, in Lancaster County, callsign "51-33" would be Manheim Twp PD's badge 33. Since Lancaster City has their own channel, they drop their department ID prefix and just use their badge numbers. This works because most departments are relatively small and have a limited number of posts, beats, zone, assignments, etc. When the officer logs on with CAD for the shift, he (when applicable) enters which post or beat he's working that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.