Lancaster Co, EOC Siren Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

melona380

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

Does anyone happen to know what freq the EOC uses in Lancaster county for civil defense siren activation? Any chance EOC has a POCSAG system also?

PS. any cool simplex stuff out and about.

Cheers
KE0EWO

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
It's been about 14 years since I lived in Lincoln. When I was there, I think they used 155.250 to trigger sirens. I believe this was also used for EOC voice paging and a voice frequency.

I don't recall if they used POCSAG back then.

melona380

Premium Subscriber
It's been about 14 years since I lived in Lincoln. When I was there, I think they used 155.250 to trigger sirens. I believe this was also used for EOC voice paging and a voice frequency.

I don't recall if they used POCSAG back then.
Thank you, Will update if i find anything

melona380

Premium Subscriber
@cellphone, 155.250 is indeed what they use... I have attached 2 files data is what I think is a AFSK Signal used for activation. Could anyone verify that this is an AFSK signal? I can provide IQ if anyone wants it

Attachments

• data.zip
    138.1 KB · Views: 15

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
@cellphone, 155.250 is indeed what they use... I have attached 2 files data is what I think is a AFSK Signal used for activation. Could anyone verify that this is an AFSK signal? I can provide IQ if anyone wants it
[/QUOTE]

Those tones are proprietary to federal signal. Essentially it's an encrypted AFSK data burst used to remotely activate/monitor the siren systems. ATI has something similar for their siren equipment.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Those tones are proprietary to federal signal. Essentially it's an encrypted AFSK data burst used to remotely activate/monitor the siren systems. ATI has something similar for their siren equipment.

They have obviously made some changes since I lived there. They were tone activated in the past.

elephant101

Not to get too far off subject; when I lived in Norfolk, their sirens were activated on 39.940 with DTMF tones. Anyone know if they still use that frequency to trigger the sirens?

Status
Not open for further replies.