Lancaster County Manheim Twp Crossband Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommahawk

Manheim Township Fire & Rescue Services have recently bought several Motorola CDM1250's and PR860 radios for their apparatus for their crossband repeater in their vehicles. I have attached the following FCC data for their crossband repeaters. I plugged their frequencies into my radio here at home for Eden Fire Company and receive each piece of apparatus great.

Southern Manheim Township, and Neffsville Fire Company will follow in short order....

The PDF to the License: http://www.cyberlancaster.com/lancasterfire/manheimtwpcrossband.pdf

453.2875 Engine 2-4-1
458.2875 QRS 2-4
458.4625 Truck 2-4

In about a month I will have all of the apparatus crossband repeaters ready to list with the correct PL tones for the entire County. I have received considerable help so far and hope to post them very soon.

CommJunkie

Call me an idiot, but I'm a little confused on crossband repeaters. Is it just so you can hear things going on on another band? Such as Chester County's VHF repeat of the 800 system?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
CommJunkie said:
Call me an idiot, but I'm a little confused on crossband repeaters. Is it just so you can hear things going on on another band? Such as Chester County's VHF repeat of the 800 system?

In the case of Lancaster Co., they use lowband to talk from the comm center to field units. The coverage with portables is crummy. A bunch of fire companies use either VHF hi or UHF portables for communications. The crossband repeaters in the vehicles are linked to the lowband mobile radios. This arrangement allows folks on scene to use their VHF or UHF portable to talk directly to the county via the lowband. A nice aspect of this set up is that a fire company can have their own VHF or UHF repeater or simplex channels for use on the fireground or for special activities and still be able to talk to their dispatch center via lowband using a single portable radio.

There were a bunch of companies in Montco (mine included) who used to do this prior to the trunked system (when Montco still used primarily lowband for fire).

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
These are not true crossband rptrs.

They are PAC rptrs. They allow users to use low power (2 w. Max) portables in VHF hi or UHF. There also known as Vehicular Extenders or mobile extenders.

A real crossband rptr is a high powered rptr setup (100+ w of power) with base equipment that can patch simulcast or multicast voice over 2 or more bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.