Lancaster County School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
According to ABC News, a school shooting just happened, with several victims at an Amish School. Further details to follow.

DavidNVA

According to FOX it turned into a hostage situation which has since ended with a dead suspect. They are reporting "Multiple people killed and at least a dozen injured".

Another incident going on in Las Vegas as well, kid tried to take a gun into a school, stopped by school security and fled the scene. Two area schools on lock down.

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
School is located in Nickel Mines, PA. Pennsylvania State Police report that several people and students have been shot to death. This incident started as a hostage situation and went downhill shortly thereafter. Apparently, the shooter took his life after killing the victims.

Monitor PSP on 156.150 MHz, and CNN News for further details.

73's

Ron

Last edited:

DavidNVA

Update - County Coroner confirmed 6 people dead. 3 other children in critical condition.

Very sad day for that small community.

Last edited:

bigbluemsp

Coroner Reports 6 Dead in Pennsylvania Amish School Shooting

NICKEL MINES, Pa. — Six people were killed by a gunman at a one-room Amish schoolhouse in Lancaster County Monday, according to the county coroner.

Several others were taken to hospitals with injuries, authorities said.

"So far, six confirmed dead, and the helicopters are pulling into [Lancaster General Hospital] like crazy," Coroner G. Gary Kirchner said.

The school district identified the shooter as "Roy," although it's not yet known whether the gunman was a member of the Amish community.

Click here to visit FOXNews.com's Crime Center

There are at least seven injured from the shooting, according to hospital officials.

Kim Hatch, spokeswoman for the Lancaster General Hospital, said the victims that center received all have gunshot wounds and are in critical condition. Two of those victims were sent to Hershey Medical Center, while the third was sent to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. One other patient has been sent to Reading Hospital of Pennsylvania.

Hatch said Lancaster General is expected to receive three more patients — all females in critical condition from gunshot wounds.

Earlier, state police Cpl. Ralph Striebig said, "there are a number of people dead. ... The exact number I do not know yet."

The police told FOX News that it was a hostage situation and that the shooter is now dead. It's not yet known whether the shooter is counted among the six deaths reported by the coroner. There were at least 12 people injured, along with the deaths, police said. Not motive is yet known.

There is a news conference scheduled at the school sometime Monday afternoon.

The school is in Paradise Township on Mine Road — an Amish community within the township. There are a total of 27 students in grades 1 through 8 at Wolf Rock School, where the shooting took place.

The Lancaster County 911 Web site reported that dozens of emergency units were dispatched to a "medical emergency" at 10:45 a.m. Monday.

About three-dozen Amish people congregated near the scene. Television news helicopters also showed a person being taken away on a stretcher to a waiting medical helicopter. Emergency responders were seen searching the school grounds.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,217073,00.html

bigbluemsp

PSP is advising only 3 dead at this time.

This bastard hogtied the little girls then executed them.

I'm glad he offed himself.

I feel so sorry for the kids, families and friends.

ctrabs74

Multiple mutual aid units from Lancaster and Chester Counties along with at least 5 air-med units (PennSTAR 2 and 4, Medevac 6, LifeNet 61, and SkyCare 1) responded on this job.

Side note: Around 12:40 or so, I actually heard MICU 67 (Phoenixville/ChesCo) relocating to Station 5-2 (Christiana/LanCo), along with an EMS crew from Station 2 (Berwyn) covering either Western Chester County or Lancaster County. I thought I was hearing things when I heard some of the traffic on ChesCo West Fire until I saw LCWC CAD on my mobile.

red8

Thunderbolt,
I don't understand why things like this happens, I am glad the perp
shot himself because he saved the taxpayers of Pensylvainia a life of
waiting for appeals or doing life. The Amish people are very religeous
and their church is very sacred to those people.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I've been trying to understand what the hell this ************ was thinking and I'm at a loss for words.

I saw on the news that he said that he never got over the death of his own daughter 9 years ago. I mean, why would he take out innocent children and put their families through that? Why didn't he just end his own child-molesting life without ruining the lives of others?

I can't even imagine what was going through those childrens' heads...

I'm with the above poster; this makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.