Lancaster County "T-BAND" frequency status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommahawk

Currently Lancaster County is still bidding for the old TV Channel 15 frequencies, however WGAL has just recently decided that they want space in the same spectrum, thus bidding for the acquisition of the same space.

If WGAL gets that part of the spectrum this will force Lancaster County to move to the Public Safety 700/800 band, thus increasing the cost of the system considerably dependent on the types of radios and additional towers needed for that part of the frequency spectrum.....

Just a little update for you all........ BTW this information came from the mouth of Michael Weaver, Director of LCWC so the information is very factual. This is the information that he gave the Lancaster County Fire Chief's Association at their March 10th meeting at the Lancaster County Public Safety training Center [LCPSTC] (PROUNCED "LIPSTICK")

ocguard

I can't imagine how many towers would be needed to create 700/800 portable coverage in Lancaster. I think the late OpenSky system had 23, and that was banking on vehicle repeaters for portable coverage.

Why does WGAL need TV-15? Any ideas?

Tommahawk

Most of the Infrastructures (Towers) are already up that are needed. Ideally if the county does get the T-band frequencies the units that use the Mobile extenders will still be able to do so.

As far as Digital or Analog I am almost certain it is going to be Digital based on talking to people, however the concept of the system based on Manufacturer is still up in the air, although the big "M" seems to be the favorite....

As far as WGAL and why they applied for the T-band frequencies, I don't have a answer, just going off of what I was told.

daneg

Most of the Infrastructures (Towers) are already up that are needed. Ideally if the county does get the T-band frequencies the units that use the Mobile extenders will still be able to do so.

As far as Digital or Analog I am almost certain it is going to be Digital based on talking to people, however the concept of the system based on Manufacturer is still up in the air, although the big "M" seems to be the favorite....

As far as WGAL and why they applied for the T-band frequencies, I don't have a answer, just going off of what I was told.

"big M'?

Tommahawk

AFAIK they will do the same thing as they were planning on with the Open Scam system..... Slowly introduce the system to the system users, not all at once to allow individuals to get acclimated to it. I heard a year being simulcast until they move off entirely...... Once again that is what I have heard

Status
Not open for further replies.