Lancaster County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denseglow

Question, I am listening to Lancaster County online. It seems like the input is CSQ (man i miss low band) :) from what I am reading on RR it looks like they're not on a repeater. Is the main fire channel linked to a repeater on another band?

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
The county-operated low band fire system is not repeated (simplex, and CSQ), however, some fire departments maintain cross-band repeaters and mobile extenders for their individual services, since portable coverage with the low band system is less than optimal.

CommJunkie

Lancaster County is not repeated, but it is simulcasted. From what I understand there are 37 repeaters throughout the county that the transmissions bounce from.

bauker

Simulcast - Not yet

The only simulcasting done in Lanco at this time, as far as I know, is the dispatch on 33.90. That goes out over the primary towers and a few fill-in sites, nowhere near 37, more like 10 - 12 transmitters at most. The working freqs for fire are done simplex via multi-channel remotes. PD has a few VHF repeaters thrown in, with voted receivers (but one Tx site per repeater). The PROPOSED new system, to replace the old proposed system, is to be simulcast on 700/800 or better yet on T-band if that works out.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Also, when speaking of 33.90 (or any of Lancaster's lowband channels) there are no repeaters. Repeaters receive a signal from a low power user (such as a portable) and 'repeat' it at a higher power. The low band system in LanCo uses base stations for the purpose of transmitting and receiving to and from field units.

Status
Not open for further replies.