Lancaster NXDN system? 460.34375

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

Band opening this morning. I decoded a NXDN 4800 baud (6.25 kHz bandwidth) control channel for a few minutes on
460.34375 RAN 1 LCN 5
System ID 313
Site 1
Other channels were LCNs 1-4

It doesn't look like this is in the database. The only thing in Texas on that frequency is https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQQC539

Somebody in the Dallas area should confirm that's where it is and if so submit the information.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Band opening this morning. I decoded a NXDN 4800 baud (6.25 kHz bandwidth) control channel for a few minutes on
460.34375 RAN 1 LCN 5
System ID 313
Site 1
Other channels were LCNs 1-4

It doesn't look like this is in the database. The only thing in Texas on that frequency is https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQQC539

Somebody in the Dallas area should confirm that's where it is and if so submit the information.
Hi Tom

I have been listening to this system for quite a while, since I received my TRX-1. And it is indeed Lancaster. While it's a separate system, Desoto units occasionally are heard when assisting Lancaster. Desoto is on their NXDN system, SWRCC. While I have not heard Lancaster on SWRCC, I suspect that they have access to it for mutual aid purposes.

I have provided talkgroups and frequencies for this several times, but the system was never added.

jason51

Hiegtx,
I have had that problem with adding information so many times that i do not submit anymore. They put on half of what I submit and put in wrong frequencies than what I submit. Seems like they put on what they want.
Anyway, how's that TRX doing? Thinking about getting one

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hiegtx,
I have had that problem with adding information so many times that i do not submit anymore. They put on half of what I submit and put in wrong frequencies than what I submit. Seems like they put on what they want.
Anyway, how's that TRX doing? Thinking about getting one
Hi Jason

The TRX-1 does fairly well on both the Lancaster & SWRCC systems. I'm seeing some oddball, out of synch, TGID's on both systems, but that may be due to the way the system is set up as anything. If you look at SWRCC, note that you see one PD & one FD dispatch TGID, shared among the cities. It appears that when there are two 'fire dispatch' calls at the same time (two different cities, say a car fire in Cedar Hill & an EMS response in Duncanville), the second call rolls over from the default ID 13 to ID 12.

But on TGID 1, I hear rollover traffic from both PD Dispatch (ID 2) and occasionally FD Dispatch (ID 13). Also seeing some other 'rollovers' on what seems to be car to car transmissions, but the pattern is not clear what this may be driven by.

Unfortunately, despite reports that the TRX series had better front ends than the original GRE-based designs, my TRX-1 does seem to overload & desense when using too much antenna. I've been monitoring the new Kaufman County P25 Phase II system. There's 20+ unlisted talkgroups that seem to be in use, for the county S.O., county Fire, and likely some cities. Plus, a lot of them appear to be patches, perhaps from the Vhf channels.

I have been logging/recording these using my 536HP, which is on an external antenna. But the recordings on the x36 series scanners are not real user friendly. In some cases, even though the data shows on screen (and in the log) during the actual transmission, playback, especially using third party software, does not show the complete data embedded. So, I was trying to use the TRX-1 for recordings. The playback module in EZ-Scan is good at showing all the data fields, plus you can sort them &string together successive transmissions to make a 'long' conversation, which helps tie the loose ends together.

I had been getting as many as 100 hits per hour on the 536. So, I disconnected the external antenna from it, & connected it to the TRX-1. Nada, zip, nothing. No hits and recordings on the system over a several hour run. I'm presuming that the scanner is overloading from the forest of cell sites that surround me. My PSR-500 was also useless if using the R/S 800MHz antenna n it, for the same reason. My next trial will be to set up the TRX-1 to record all of the conventional channels for Kaufman Countty, connected to the external antenna through a mulicoupler. I'll also use one of my 536HP's on the trunked system, at the same time, to log/record activity. I'm trying to isolate what I think are the patched talkgroups, to see if I can confirm them or not.

favin

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys- Any confirmed talkgroups on the Lancaster system that can be shared? I just started monitoring the system via DSD+ and a TRX-2, but would appreciate any confirmed talkgroups. Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi guys- Any confirmed talkgroups on the Lancaster system that can be shared? I just started monitoring the system via DSD+ and a TRX-2, but would appreciate any confirmed talkgroups. Thanks.
Send me a pm and I'll give you a list of what I've been seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.