Lancaster, PA Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael12483

I am new to this and I am trying to figure out the frequencies of Lancaster fire department, so I can listen to the firefighters and PPL Electric in Lancaster, so I can know whats up during storms. Can somebody let me know what they are? Right now I have fire dispatch but I cant listen to the firefighters in h building talking and what not. I am enjoying listening to my scanner, I just got an old Bearcat 210xl from a friend.

NodrogCop

check out the frequencies here (If you haven't done so already): Lancaster County, Pennsylvania (PA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

On the scene, most of the fire departments are using UHF repeaters on their apparatus; they are normally low power and don't go much further than the fireground. Some of the UHF channels are listed in the database.

Lancaster is going (hopefully) to a new radio system by the end of the year. It will be a P25 UHF digital trunk system. You'll need a new(er) scanner for that one.

Hope this helps.

Gordon.

W3DMV

Could you elaborate on the UHF repeaters. The only frequency I see listed
in the DB is for 462.775. That is normally issued to industrial type users and the
only two licenses I can find are for Hospice of Lancaster, and Willow Valley, so I
think that info is incorrect.

The FCC files have the usual Police and Water department freqs listed,(VHF-H), and the long
standing fire department (KGH277). They had that call sign when I was there in 1960
and is for their low band system. 33.600, 33.640, 33.820, and 33.900.

If there is other info available, please share. My old home area, and I still visit....

ecps92

462.7500 -462.9000 are generally Paging channels
Not Voice...and definately NOT repeaters

Could you elaborate on the UHF repeaters. The only frequency I see listed
in the DB is for 462.775. That is normally issued to industrial type users and the
only two licenses I can find are for Hospice of Lancaster, and Willow Valley, so I
think that info is incorrect.

The FCC files have the usual Police and Water department freqs listed,(VHF-H), and the long
standing fire department (KGH277). They had that call sign when I was there in 1960
and is for their low band system. 33.600, 33.640, 33.820, and 33.900.

If there is other info available, please share. My old home area, and I still visit....

pwelsheimer

Premium Subscriber
Fireground Simulcast

Depending on your location and type of antenna, etc., you can hear a simulcast of fire/EMS response frequencies at 462.775. There is no dispatch included in this simulcast. Alternatively, you can hear it on the internet at Broadcastify.
Signal (in my vehicle) reaches to just below Willow Street, scratchy out to the east side of East Lampeter Twp and around Columbia on the west side.

As was stated above. 462.775 is a simulcast of the current Lanacster county low band system. Only the operation channels are broadcast 33.56, 33.60, 33.64, 33.68, 33.72 and I believe 33.76.

As for the repeater question, many departments in the county employ Pyramid SVR series repeaters to crossband either VHF hi or UHF with thier lowband mobiles to basically give you the power of mobile and the portability of a handheld portable radio since the performance of a lowband portable is generally lack luster. These repeaters are mounted in the apparatus and used on the scene of the incident not a tradional "fixed" site repeater. The power levels are generally between 500mW -1W of output power on the repeater side. so if you are within about a mile of the incident you should be able to hear the VHF hi or UHF transmissions. Hope this clarifies this a little for you.

ecps92

Curious, under what License is 462.7750 or is it just, we found a CLR channel... ??

As was stated above. 462.775 is a simulcast of the current Lanacster county low band system. Only the operation channels are broadcast 33.56, 33.60, 33.64, 33.68, 33.72 and I believe 33.76.

As for the repeater question, many departments in the county employ Pyramid SVR series repeaters to crossband either VHF hi or UHF with thier lowband mobiles to basically give you the power of mobile and the portability of a handheld portable radio since the performance of a lowband portable is generally lack luster. These repeaters are mounted in the apparatus and used on the scene of the incident not a tradional "fixed" site repeater. The power levels are generally between 500mW -1W of output power on the repeater side. so if you are within about a mile of the incident you should be able to hear the VHF hi or UHF transmissions. Hope this clarifies this a little for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.