Lane County Fire Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

southradio

While in the Eugene area recently, I noticed that 154.355 was coming up with a CTCSS tone of 123.0 which appeared to be only on the dispatch side and that the mobiles were coming across with what I believe was 186.2. Is that correct (it was a busy weekday so there was lots of activity on multiple freqs)? I don't see any tones shown for METRO 1 in the DB so perhaps those living in the area can confirm what I believe I spotted in occasional glances at the scanner while driving. I can understand why they'd want to avoid interference with Tillamook County in particular on that frequency.

rcluster

Yep, you have the tones correct. If you put either one in most scanners you will only hear one side of the conversation. I just leave mine with no tone set so I can receive both sides. They used to have a tone on the dispatcher side only with mobiles set to no tone. I don't know why they changed and I don't understand the reason behind either method.

Ron in Eugene

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
They do split tones on 154.20500 Lane 15 also. Mobiles/portables transmit different tones than dispatch. One side is 186.2 PL the other transmits 146.2 PL.

Baker845

That odd, 186.2 PL Firecom 1 and units transmit , could be error with scanners. I have scanned freqs on a scanner that have no RX tone and 67.0 or random PL's would come up. Firecom from what I understand and my lists, there no tone on RX for Firecom 1 or lane 15, they have transmit the right PL to get in Coburg simplex repeaters for Firecom 1 and Lane 15.

Last edited:

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed the 123.0 PL tone on Firecom 1 dispatch side ever since they patched the VHF freq to the trunked system. Before patching to the trunked system it was dispatch CSQ mobiles 186.2 PL.

southradio

Well, it appears that changes have indeed occurred. Thanks, everyone, for the comments. Since nothing was shown in the Radio Reference database for a PL on Firecom 1, I figured the locals might know for sure and they do.

jbella

Premium Subscriber
Is VHF primary which is patched into the trunked system?

I'll be out that way soon, just not sure of I'll be that far north.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Fire is VHF analog but they patch a few of the Firecom frequencies to the trunked system probably for interoperability with police on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.