Lane County Sheriff // Western Radio Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKScripts

Premium Subscriber
I've been in the Florence area. I've been trying to get a signal from Lane County Sheriff's FMN frequencies. I haven't been able to get a signal but from Roman Nose on 460.175. I'll probably end up trying the unlisted frequencies nearby.

These are the frequencies I used from each nearby repeater from the town:

Herman Peak:
153.965LCSO Search & Rescue
460.175LCSO Roman Nose
460.225LCSO Coburg Ridge

Glenada Hill:
453.450LCSO Roman Nose (2)
460.175LCSO Roman Nose
460.275LCSO Florence

If anyone with information could let me know if the FMN frequencies are still in use and/or doing something wrong, I'd love to hear it.

Regards,
CKScripts

Bowlieweekender

Encryption is Easy - Key Management is Hard
Premium Subscriber
We had a SAR mission in that area not two weeks ago, the ranch in question crossed Crook and Lane, would have been useful to have known these at a time. Did you capture tones by chance?

CKScripts

Premium Subscriber
Did you capture tones by chance?
I was only able to capture the one channel I was able to get ahold of:
FrequencyInputReceiving ToneTransmitting ToneName
460.175465.175CSQ88.5LCSO Roman Nose
NOTE: This is NOT LCSARO, if you are looking for LCSARO, go to "Lane County Sheriff's Amateur Radio Operators"

I'm not 100% sure about the receiving tone, as I couldn't get one, so I assume it has no receiving tone. I've been trying to get the others, who have questioned me if they are currently active. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
CKScripts

Last edited:

CKScripts

Premium Subscriber
just about all the Lane county sheriff channels and encrypted , so you won't hear any traffic on those listed channels. They also use TRS system for all there day to day ops anyway.
I see. I’ve picked up some transmissions from them a few months back, but I don’t seem to anymore. Do you recommend any handheld radios that I can purchase to listen in? Does anyone know the purpose of the FMN frequencies, or are they no longer used?

Thanks,
CKScripts

Baker845

check your PM box.

There isn't any handheld radio's or scanner's you can use to listen to there channels.

Last edited:

Baker845

Is there a admin that can PM about helping with some questions? This person that started this posts uses the info he got from this site to transmit illegally on my Fire/EMS channels and Police, and other channels he not authorized to use.

Baker845

Also ban person from the site would be nice. I sent this person PM,, he hasn't replied to my PM. If there was a way to find his IP address, that would be helpful as well, could be forward to the local police here.

Last edited:

CKScripts

Premium Subscriber
I've been inactive on my radio stuff recently, what has happened? I can reassure you that I haven't been only listening every once in awhile through them.

Cheers,
CKScripts

radiotweester

Hopefully the FCC will come knocking. If you can, log times and activity. If it's a recorded channel or if this is possible on your end, save said activity with timestamp. If it's voted also log the receiver.
People might think triangulation and transmitter fingerprinting is "old" technology, but it still works quite well.
Washington Co SO had a dumb@$$ back in the 90s, when they were still on UHF, who was interfering. It ended quickly.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Also ban person from the site would be nice. I sent this person PM,, he hasn't replied to my PM. If there was a way to find his IP address, that would be helpful as well, could be forward to the local police here.
Why would we ban him or provide you with his IP address? All we've got is your word that he's causing interference and I have no idea who you are.

Once again, the proper way to handle things is to have the police department contact the FCC. If the police department or the FCC needs any information from RR, they can send a proper request to legal@radioreference.com.

I'm done.

Baker845

Yes, all but one channel is recorded by local 911 center and state police dispatch center.

I have PM that said he might have "keyed up some channels" from back in March. So, I'm not on here wasting my time.

It always great, how rude most of the Admin are here, just for asking question's. Its interesting that once i posted this post the interference as stopped again, after 2 days of interference. FCC has been contacted, and if i hear the interference, again i will also start recording.

Last edited:

CKScripts

Premium Subscriber
Yes, all but one channel is recorded by local 911 center and state police dispatch center.

I have PM that said he might have "keyed up some channels" from back in March. So, I'm not on here wasting my time.

It always great, how rude most of the Admin are here, just for asking question's. Its interesting that once i posted this post the interference as stopped again, after 2 days of interference. FCC has been contacted, and if i hear the interference, again i will also start recording.
Hey,

I don't care if you take my word or not, but I'm still going to say this. I can reassure you that I haven't been active recently, and have only been listening. You're only going off of my recent past where I've claimed that I likely accidentally keyed up a couple times late last year. The admin's aren't going to give you information on anyone without at least proof of identification and/or a valid reasoning. It's pretty much their job that they signed up to do. Don't you also think it would be a security risk if they just gave out people's information to random people? Seriously though, I understand your reasons, but it's still legal for someone to have these programmed in the radio, and it's a stupid idea. Although, you wouldn't even be able to confirm who keyed up, and you're just going off the word that it was me since I've done it accidentally a couple times last year (it could've been anyone!). Stating again, I haven't touched my radios in a little and have been inactive, why do you think I haven't said anything on RadioReference in awhile? I have still been listening every few days, although not much. I will say that the only person I heard who I believe was dispatch talk on CTPD asking who keyed up (saying again, still wasn't me, and I have no idea who did). I've taken a break from all radio stuff for awhile. I'm not trying to prove any points against your statements, just simply putting these facts out there. I hope you understand my statements and consider them, feel free to comment if you'd like to ask more.

Regards,
CKScripts

Last edited:

Baker845

I never said i wanted your IP address, i said it would be nice if someone got it. Is very odd, when i posted my reply yesterday to this post about , the interference it stopped. But, the local 911 center records all the channels they listen to. My issue is People coming on this site, getting the transmit frequencies and thinking they can play on local Fire/EMS and Police and other channel they aren't authorized to use causing issues, to Police and local responders who need to use the radio. This stuff never happened tell you came to the area. Someone was having fun time using the tribal repeater as there personal chat channel Friday evening. Either way if its not you and you have friend who you gave your radio to and there using radio to play on the channels i listed above or PUD or ODOT channel, tell them to stop, because a big fine and jail time is in the future if it keeps happening.
FCC has been notified any more interference i will be recording and sending to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.