lansing police ch 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdc50

LPD ch 3 is listed as 460.400 and I was picking it up but all of a sudden I have not heard anything on it. Have they made a change in ch 3?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
It's still used, but Ch 5 is preferred for admin stuff.

- Rob

jdc50

ok here is what I have Please see if it is correct:

460.200 north
460.300 lien
460.400 ch 3 ?
460.500 south this is where I hear the south precint dispatch

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Yes, and 453.050 is LPD Channel 5 (right now doing a laser sting on 496 near Lansing Rd, getting more people doing 75+ in the 55 zone than I would have thought!)

- Rob

jdc50

Thanks put that one in the scanner. Sounds interesting talking about getting 900. I think that is the number of tickets their goal is for an unknown period.

Roz

Rob,

I have recently heard LPD refering to a Channel 6. Any idea what the frequency is?

Marc

rdale

Premium Subscriber
No, I don't listen to PD unless I know something's going on - I"m just a FD monitor. There's a slim chance it could mean the MPSCS system as LPD's Special Ops team is on it?

- Rob

marcp90

Premium Subscriber
Channel 3

According to police call ch 3 is used for tactical purposes. I sometimes hear car to car and specail events operations of the LPD on it.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Correct, most use day-to-day is car-to-car, but for things like Lugnut Fireworks or downtown parades they'll use it - and when something big happens that would tie up a primary channel (shooting / suspect search / etc.) they'll move everyone to ch3 as well. Ch5 is primarily the higher-ups on street patrol -- the radar sting on 496 earlier this week was the most I've ever heard on it.

- Rob

dahicks

"I have recently heard LPD refering to a Channel 6. Any idea what the frequency is?"

LPD Channel 6 is 453.8500
Used for tactical and SWAT operations.

Channel 3 and 5 are used more though.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
According to the database here that is F-7 SWAT - F-6 is tactical. I've never heard anything on 6, the only time I've heard F7 is during the police shooting last month.

- Rob

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Don't have it memorized - click "RR Database" at the top, then MI then Ingham Co and look under Lansing.

dahicks

lpd channel 6

I think LPD Channel 6 is simplex, like Ingham County's Channel 5 and 9. I don't think it is regularly used. With a Diamond base antenna at 40-ft in Holt, I was able to hear traffic from the Washington and Edgewood areas following the assault/shooting there last month. Some of the traffic was broken pretty badly, but it was there. I'm pretty sure it was simplex, or possibly an on-site mobile repeater. From my experience, Channel 7 is the one where I rarely hear activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.