LAPD - Newton Division - Frequency to Monitor on Broadcastify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZ2C

Hi,
My name is Michael. I live in Vermont. I am 69 years old. My son is a LAPD police officer in the Newton Division. I used to be able to listen to his radio calls when he was at Southeast Division thanks to your upload on Broadcastify. He has since moved to the Newton Division. There is no upload to Broacastify from the Newton Division. I have tried for the past year to figure out how to listen Newton. I even tried to see if Ham Radio could help me. No luck. I was hoping perhaps you could help me. Is the Newton frequency one that you could upload to Broadcastify?
Thanks for any help. I miss hearing him.
Michael
NZ2C

blogan52

Premium Subscriber
Newton Division is in Central Bureau, which includes Central Area, Hollenbeck Area, Newton Area, Northeast Area and Rampart Area. It does not appear that anyone is hosting a feed for that bureau....

Station51

You could listen to the LAPD HOT SHOT feed. That's where they put out all the "crime in progress" and priority calls.
Any calls in "Shootin Newton" will be "13" units ie 13 Adam xx etc.

BTW "Newton was dubbed Shootin Newton back in the 70's and it just stuck

Last edited:

NZ2C

Thank you for your posts, information and suggestions. Fingers crossed that someone will host a feed for that bureau. Will try the Hot Shot feed in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.